Craftsman Professional Air Tools

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Anyone have any input? I was looking at Snap On air tools, but they're about 250 a pop. I was browsing through my Craftsman catalog and found the 4 tools I'm after for way cheap. They're the professional series and seem to be pretty good quality... in the magazine :p

I want a die grinder, right angle die grinder, cut-off wheel, and a GOOD impact gun... Craftsman has them all for pretty cheap... actually really cheap, I was wondering if they're shit? They dont' have the lifetime warrenty so that's the only reason I ask.

If they had the warrenty I wouldn't much care because I can just swap it out anyway :)

Input?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
jmanbball said:
We use ingersol rand at the shop I work at, and they seem to hold up well.

Another brand I saw in my trusty Craftsman catalog. They're still significantly more expensive than the Craftsman ones though. Maybe this should tell me something? I have NO issues spending money on tools, most of mine are Snap-On anyway but I've had good luck with Craftsman in the past, just never with air tools(due to lack of use, not bad experience :))

I've never really owned any air tools before, that's why I'm trying to get a collection going :)

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
I have over $15k in snap on tools including a few roll arounds. I have some misc tools of mac, craftsman, and matco. Snap-On air tools are far superior and far more expensive. However I have had no problems with craftsman impact gun.
It had a 90 day replacement warranty and 1 year repair. This was back in 2000 when I purchased it.

fstoy

Soon to be Evil Twin
Mar 30, 2005
Texas
Ingersol rand FTW! I have snap on IM6100 and another snap on impact. The IR will walk all over the snap on ones!

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
craftsman should do for basic garage/light shop work. or if its one time use: central pneumatic :D

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
I use Craftsman tool's for my job and so far haven't had too many issues with them. The cool thing about them is that if there is ever a problem you can always take them back to Sears ( assuming you purchased them there & they have the warranty) and get your refund or a new tool! But then again Snap-On makes good quality tools as well. Ingersoll Rand? That stuff is like the fine wine of tool's! If you can get you a Ingersoll Rand tool or two for a good price, GET IT!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I am pretty sure there is no "Craftsman" tool company. It is manufactured by other tool companies and relabled.

The only one I own is a 3/8 air ratchet.

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
i know that some craftsman power tools are made by stanley bostitch the last time i worked there 10years ago. cause i borrow tools and kinda forgot to return back. hahah lolz

i say get snap-on for power tools. but craftsman for regular tools(sockets, wrenches, screw drivers)

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
keo has the right idea. crafsman hand tools, but if youve got the money its always better to buy from companies who specialize in what they make.

as for relabeling, craftsman chainsaws are actually poulan. ew.

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
If you are going to just use them around your home garage, craftsman will be fine. I work at a shop and only use IR air tools, but if I didn't have to use them all the time, I would have def. gone craftsman for the price difference.

Jon

ps-aren't snap on air tools relabels themselves? I should know, but I really have no idea. Some mechanic I am!

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
jam4484 said:
If you are going to just use them around your home garage, craftsman will be fine. I work at a shop and only use IR air tools, but if I didn't have to use them all the time, I would have def. gone craftsman for the price difference.

Jon

ps-aren't snap on air tools relabels themselves? I should know, but I really have no idea. Some mechanic I am!

Well, Basically I am just going to use them around the garage, but I like to know I don't have to worry about my tools, ever. Plus I'm a name whore :D

Its amazing how many snappy tools are re-names. They just throw their little "S" on lots of stuff :) Whatever. Warrenty is great!

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
I wouldn't worry about using craftsman then. I mean almost all of my hand tools are craftsman because I got them a long time ago. I think you will be very happy witht he craftsman air tools. People at my work use them all day long with no problems.

Jon

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I've had the same Craftsman impact since I started working on cars... 8-10 years. The only problem w/ it is that the little retainer clip came off the end so sockets dont want to stay on by themselves. I know I could fix it for $2 and about a min, but I'm lazy and never remember to get the stupid thing.

Occasionally something will be torqued too much to get off w/ it, but if you don't mind breaking some bolts loose, I would recommend them.