Cracks me up...

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So many threads on how guys cant get their cars to run...
I cant kill mine!

I pulled my car out of the garage, and removed my entire exhaust, entire intake and intercooler system,
AND the MAFT system, to sell them. Then i realized i'd never be able to push the car back up into the garage.
Decided, what the hell, i'll give it a shot.

I could even rev it...
Proof that 7M's are bulletproof.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Theres a video of someone taking the Ic pipe as accordion hose of and driving around the block.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Well, it felt like i could have driven the car up to the store, with no hood, bumper, fenders, intake, exhaust, afm, or IC system.
Just the turbo, hanging of the side of the block, whistling with the revs.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I blew a coupler on the 1j a couple times, and it was still driveable, but that was on a MAP system. The 7m is usually a MAF setup, and doesn't usually like to run if you take off (or unplug) the MAF sensor. How did you keep it running? :)

I'm guessing the MAFT setup you talk about was maft-pro?

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Seeing this and the above post makes e realize I seriously take Standalone for Granted! I could never get a 5M to run like this, so when my friend said his 7M would run, and it fucking did!? I wish toyota would bring the 2J back upgrading any known problems and keep it very emission friendly so we could take that shit off and boost the shit out of it.

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
supraguy@aol;1869520 said:
So many threads on how guys cant get their cars to run...
I cant kill mine!

I pulled my car out of the garage, and removed my entire exhaust, entire intake and intercooler system,
AND the MAFT system, to sell them. Then i realized i'd never be able to push the car back up into the garage.
Decided, what the hell, i'll give it a shot.

Seems like most guys run into trouble when they start putting stuff back ON the engine. ;)

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
te72;1869656 said:
I'm guessing the MAFT setup you talk about was maft-pro?

It was a MAFT basic, and as you can see from the video, it wasn't installed on the car. There was no air metering at all.