CPS Wiring Question.... 6 wires coming out of the CPS? Is that right?

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
Granted, 3 of them are then tied/crimped into a single wire before it gets to the connector, but that seems very, very strange. The picture I'm posting shows all the wires, and what appears to be a bad joint or at least overheated joint where the 3 brown wires are tied together. The car is throwing code 12 (and idling erratically and as high as 1600 rpm), which is likely the CPS or more probably the wiring for it, and I was going to work on it but wanted to check with some people on here who may have dealt with this sort of thing before.

The green wire there is supposed to be blue according to the wiring diagram. And there's supposed to be a black wire but there isn't, at least not on the CPS side of the connector. Instead I have a bundle of 3 yellow/brown wires and another single yellow/brown wire.

Has someone hacked this wiring up, or is that how it's supposed to be?

Attachments

• S6300362.JPG
    S6300362.JPG
    597.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
Okay then, that's the biggie I suppose as I really didn't trust that it was correct the way it was. Now I've just got to decide how to wire it up. I'm hoping the only problem is in the wiring/connectors and not the CPS itself.

Thanks for the info and the pics.