Correct Way To Put Eibach Springs?

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
I am picking up my Bilsteain shocks today so I was just wondering for when I install them on Friday if I can get a refresher on which springs go where and what part goes on top and what part goes on bottom, thank you :)

Attachments

• IMG_0865..JPG
    IMG_0865..JPG
    334 KB · Views: 51

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
It will be obvious when you take the old ones off. You can't put them on upside down and you can't mix up the front or rears either.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Those cheep spring compressors, are dangerous and a pain to use. If you dont have access to a proper compressor, id take them to a good shop and have them swapped out.

If you are replacing the top hats, you can have them assembled beforehand, then its just an easy swap.

Just my $0.02, you may hate life, after trying those rental compressors.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Depends, as long as they have the retention pins they're fine, just slow as hell. They also suck ass for tapered springs (not ours).

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
yeah they have the pins lol, we finished the front 2 wheels, now fo rthe back two tomorrow, any tips? the triangle part with the long ass pin was a pain in the ass lol

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
Those spring compressors are bad as long as you have an impact gun. Yeah that long bolt was a pain. But not bad at all.

The rear is very easy, unless you have TEMs then you have to remove all the freaking panels in the hatch.

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
yeah tems was a bitch, so I finished but I dont know if we did the rear right lol here is a pic of the stance and of the rear suspension.

Attachments

• IMG_0868..JPG
    IMG_0868..JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0867..JPG
    IMG_0867..JPG
    273.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0866..JPG
    IMG_0866..JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 56

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
Front looks good, but would have to see if you put the perches on right. After you flip the perches around, you may also want to think about moving the snap ring down to its lowest setting to gain a little more in the drop. One of the benefits of the bilsteins.

This is the exact same setup I have on my Supra. Love the stance and handling ability. Wasn't to thrilled about the bouncy front end. I've gotten used ot it and I think it settled a bit. Let me know what you think of yours when done.

Here is a pic of mine shortly after I installed mine. It may have settle just a little bit more now. I can't wait till I get some wheels. Damn.
img00718.jpg

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
if I jack up the front, will I be able to see the shocks better? And for the snap rings....how the hell do you get them off lol I only left them ont he highest because I was to aggravated witht he whole install to even try to take them off lol. I was thinking middle perch for the front and back maybe. Im not trying to go super low because to be honest I have 3 speed bumps 3 dips and 2 train tracks to cross before exiting my neighborhood and I noticed my friends carsthat aren't too low have a easier time doing it lol

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
You should be able to tell if you jack up the front. As far as the snap rings, I managed to move mine down with a pair of needle nose pliers. Using them in reverse.

I put my fronts on the middle and the rears on the bottom as well.