Votes: 42 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Think maybe you're not using enough butter and salt on your corn on the cob then :p

Also, like all produce, getting good stuff these days is hard. Can't count how many times I've had near tasteless melons and stuff recently. It's sad.

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Poodles;1713241 said:
Think maybe you're not using enough butter and salt on your corn on the cob then :p

Also, like all produce, getting good stuff these days is hard. Can't count how many times I've had near tasteless melons and stuff recently. It's sad.

So true. Even here in SoCal good stuff is getting hard to find.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com

...which is why I'm endeavoring to grow most of our own produce. I have 4 or 5 corn plants that are oddly doing better than anything else I've planted out there. I'm wondering if Mike is throwing fertilizer on them when I'm not looking. :p

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Poodles;1713241 said:

And that is why I like Krogers...all the produce is from farmers local to the area.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
DreamerTheresa;1713315 said:
...which is why I'm endeavoring to grow most of our own produce. I have 4 or 5 corn plants that are oddly doing better than anything else I've planted out there. I'm wondering if Mike is throwing fertilizer on them when I'm not looking. :p

Hey, I shovel enough shit around here in the politics section, I don't need to be doing it in the backyard too...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
SupraMario;1713328 said:
And that is why I like Krogers...all the produce is from farmers local to the area.

Not possible for most produce.

I find the worst offenders these days are tomatoes. Thankfully I don't like tomatoes.

Corn grows really easily. We had the damn stuff popping up like weeds in our back yard at the old house. Literally, we didn't plant em :rofl:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Poodles;1713350 said:
Not possible for most produce.

I find the worst offenders these days are tomatoes. Thankfully I don't like tomatoes.

Corn grows really easily. We had the damn stuff popping up like weeds in our back yard at the old house. Literally, we didn't plant em :rofl:

True but the stuff farmers can grow here is sold here. Our tomatoes are awesome when the season comes around.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
This is one aspect of living in Wyoming that proves the grass is sometimes greener on the other side of the state lines. We can't grow shit here, aside from sage brush...

Edit before the "but they grow this over in the eastern part of the state..." comes up: Wyoming has a few very distinct climates. I happen to live in what might as well be the frozen version of the Mojave. :nono:

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Corn is delicious. Cornbread is easily one of my very favorite things, and corn is also a key ingredient in shepard's pie. It doesn't seem to do too well in my backyard, however.

But someone mentioned tomatoes and not liking them, which is the exact opposite: they grow in my backyard with little fertilizer and with stalks about 1" in diameter; I fully expect them to reach 5 feet in height this year. You can eat em like an apple, unlike the watery ones you get at the store. Add a little salt, little pepper, and it's a whole lunch, no joke. The tomatoes also have a great effect on anything else around them that likes acidic soil...my hemp plant looks AMAZING this year. :cool:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Well Theresa? Does the 91.89% approval for corn force you to admit that your insane hatred of corn is abnormal?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Supracentral;1715292 said:
Well Theresa? Does the 91.89% approval for corn force you to admit that your insane hatred of corn is abnormal?

Does posting things like this to a public forum make those who submit said posts a bad person? If so, I must be horrible... :rofl: