Cop swap

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
I am going to go with an pnp aem series 2 here soon for my ge-t setup and would like to eliminate the ugly distributor on the front of my engine.

Now if I decide to go cop would I need to add in a crank position sensor or does the 2jzge already have one. I've always thought it did but my friend isn't so sure.

Basic I don't wanna start another mini project on my car right now and if I need more then coils and some wire is rather wait and do it later. So please let me know lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

2muchboost

Oct 15, 2010
New York
You will need to get the crank position sensor and the crank reference wheel in order for it to get the signal I believe. I bought both parts and LS2 coils but have not installed them yet. But from everything I have read you will need the sensor and wheel for this to work properly.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
RazoE;1690837 said:
My friend is planning on running a 2JZ-GET on 7MGTE electronics, with the 7M CPS and 2JZ VVTi Coils, it's a minor hybrid but much simpler than it sounds..

this was the plan when i had a mk3 but im now i have a na mk4 and i've decided it's best to just go aem wish work wasnt so slow i need about $3k and my car will finally be finished