Cooling issues

Miguel

Le Grand Supra
Apr 27, 2015
Coachella Valley
Hey guys ive recently had an issue with cooling my engine down. It runs hot and randomly wants to over heat but then I shut it down let it sit for like 3 minutes and fire ut back up and it starts working fine? I do have a coolant leak on the turbo and on the radiator unfortunately. Not sure if that would affect it that much? Also im not running an oem thermostat its a autozone safe t stat lol stays open when it gets too hot. I also replaced my fan clutch and I have another eletronic fan running. Not sure if my gauge is accurate though so I installed an aftermarket and it does run kinda hot but I have the sensor before the t stat not after like the oem sensor gauge (where the ac switch thingy goes on the t stat housing):nono: could it be that I kept filling it with water and it basically has water in the system?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Heat transfer doesn't work that way. It doesn't get back to 200 in 3 minutes when you shut down the cooling system. In fact, that is why Three Mile Island had its melt down.

Fix all your defects like not having a thermostat and leaks. Then we can move forward.