cooleeze upper i/c pipes w/ pre installed bov?

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
yea that is really expensive, you could buy some intercooler piping off of ebay then weld your own intercooler piping together or just couping them.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
86_sports_1jz said:
yea that is really expensive, you could buy some intercooler piping off of ebay then weld your own intercooler piping together or just couping them.

damn, i thought it was kind of a good deal. a $200 bov plus another hundred for full intake piping to the fender didn't sound too bad but i guess you're right, piping's piping. i'll figure out somethin for fabrication then.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
lppro said:
Ill sell you a full upper and lower kit for $280

just read your "prototype idea" thread, and i'm definitely down. i only need upper right now though, so would you include the newer style hks ssq on the adaptor pipe on the upper kit for about $250? also, do they come welded together in drop-in form like the cooleeze ones or would i be doin some welding?

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
illegal88 said:
All of the cooleeze stuff is over priced!!! JMO>>>

hell yeah it is, i just realized i was almost gonna pay more than 300 bucks for a bunch of hardpipes... haha wtf i had no idea there wasn't gonna be a bov comin with that setup.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
87mgte said:
http://www.suprasport.com/COOLEEZE-Upper-IC-Pipes_p_48-235.html#

is anyone runnin these?
quality? price- worth it?
the HKS bov, is that the knockoff "Hong Kong Sport" like on drift motion or is it really the older ssqv style from HKS?
I have a set from cooleeze. It is over priced and it does not come with the bov just the flange. But if your lazy and want direct fitment with no welding or cutting it works and looks great! It comes with all the hardware and couplers for a spearco or oem ic. Also the price is lower if you order direct from cooleeze. www.cooleeze.com

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
it's also ceramic coated...

look around on the for sale section... I got mine used for $200 and cooleeze stuff isn't a perfect fit, but it's worth the $200 if you get it used...

They don't come with t-bolt clamps, but crappy worm clamps. I spent the extra cash for t-bolts...

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
They fit extremely well. Very tight. Its impossible for one of the pipes to "pop off" the way they are designed. But every connection reduces to 2.25" from 2.5" id prefer it all to be the 2.5". The lips on the connections are tack welded metal rings not fully welded. So they are more likely to leak if a connection is loose. But overall im glad i bought them.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
don't get me wrong, I love em, but the BOV is a bit hard to reroute...

(never before seen pic of my buildup...)
p780949_1.jpg

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
i have them too... wasnt wild about the price, but i payed for convienience and time. i had no time to fab some up and needed the car back on the road. only complaint was that the lower pipe to intercooler didnt fit and i had to make a little mod to fit. otherwise great product for a high price

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
That lower pipe was a PITA to get on. I'm dreading the day I ever have to take it off. I also wish the coupler were slightly longer so the clamp would fit better. The clamps are pretty shitty and I will be buying a full set of T-bolts when some extra funds drop from the sky.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
Sawbladz said:
That lower pipe was a PITA to get on. I'm dreading the day I ever have to take it off. I also wish the coupler were slightly longer so the clamp would fit better. The clamps are pretty shitty and I will be buying a full set of T-bolts when some extra funds drop from the sky.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sawbladz, your mkiii's amazing. turbo targas FTW
...even though mine has an exterior equivalent to that of a dumpster at the moment.

lppro

LP Performance & off road
Apr 21, 2007
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
s7mgte said:
what kind of piping and what size?

there 2.5" aluminum (also avalible in 2.75 and 3") and there not welded togeather they come with cuplers to put them togeather. and detailed instructions on how to do it. i can do the upper pipes with the bov flang for $225 + shipping. i will be taking pictures today when i get home. they should be avalible for order in the next week or so.