1992 Honda Prelude SI
Jun 22, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
MK3 SUPRA EXHAUST SYSTEM
ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO INCREASE PERFORMANCE
AND SOUND GOOD WHILE DOING IT
$269.00 shipped
#TS0010

Here is a set of 3" mandrel bent exhaust pipes that will directly bolt up to your stock catalytic converter or testpipe. These pipes are made from aluminized mild steel and are specially heat coated. Perfect for custom applications. These pipes allow you to pick whatever muffler you want and can allow you to mount it any angle you want. These pipes come with OEM placement hangers. Unlike some exhaust systems, they have a nice chassis fitment, tucked up nice and do not hang too low

http://www.cooleeze.com/toyota.htm

Hey, Don't think this has a thread already so I'll go ahead and make one. Does anyone use these and if so are they good? Would they go with a Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion Exhaust? I'm guessing you have to supply the elbow that attaches to the turbo yourself though.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Umm, no part of that exhaust touches the turbo, its cat-back piping. The Tanabe exhaust is just that... a complete cat-back. Since you're clearly interested in being as cheap as possible you just need a fart can and a welder to make the Cooleeze complete.

Skam9685

1992 Honda Prelude SI
Jun 22, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
Well I don't want to be cheap but people are like why do you wanna spend so much on exhaust when you can go cheap and now I get if you wanna go cheap then get a fart can lol.

I originally wanted Cooleeze 3" elbow/dp, cooleeze 3" test pipe, and Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion Exhaust. I'm assuming that means the cat on the Tanabe would have to be cut off. Sorry don't know much about exhausts and such so I don't know what would go with what.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Your stock exhaust from the turbo is Turbo Elbow/Downpipe with 1st cat and there is a 2nd cat bolted at the end/catback piping/muffler.

The biggest restriction is the Elbow. Either use a 3" Elbow, or replace the downpipe with one that has the elbow built in. The replacement downpipe will eliminate your 1st cat. From there, you want to increase the size of your 2nd cat with a free flowing one, or a test pipe. Then you want a 3" or better catback, and a muffler of your choice. Most states have an inspection, so you may not be able to use the test pipe where you are.

I personally don't think you need to buy exactly what everybody else says is the best. Many saying that are calling what they have the best without ever using anything else. The BIC DDP is widely considerred the best downpipe. But, it is somewhat louder than what I want.

Go with a good elbow/downpipe and a 3" catback such as the cooleze (who makes excellent products for our cars). Then get a muffler to suit what you want. There is no need to spend $1000 on your exhaust.