coolant temp

solpower

Jan 26, 2009
Albemarle, nc
so i was driving the other day with a friend in the car and decided to show off just a little. anyway long story short i hit boost and as it held boost the temp guage dropped then came back up as i left boost. Now it sits at the bottom pretty much the whole time and at first i thought it was the wiring but while in boost today it crept up a bit but fell back shortly after. any ideas? im leaning towards a thermostat but idk

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
the thermostat would cause it to drop but not to the bottom of the gauge. check your wiring to the sensors and the sensors them selves.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
solpower;1277583 said:
so i was driving the other day with a friend in the car and decided to show off just a little. anyway long story short i hit boost and as it held boost the temp guage dropped then came back up as i left boost. Now it sits at the bottom pretty much the whole time and at first i thought it was the wiring but while in boost today it crept up a bit but fell back shortly after. any ideas? im leaning towards a thermostat but idk

I have a very similar problem that started recently.

After the engine is fully warmed up, the temp gauge will drop just above the cold indicator line while cruising or boosting.

Right when I come to a complete stop such as a stop sign or traffic light the temp gauge goes back to normal.

I have a brand new radiator, fan clutch, thermostat.....any ideas.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
its the temp sender wire. had the same exact symptoms a few years back. i believe the wire is green with red stripe. check your harness for damage starting at the thermostat and follow it back to the ecu. the damage is probably right over the cam gears
-pete