Coolant Reservoir with Large FMIC (Different / Relocate)

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
I cut the lower half off the bracket and mounted it on the other side, when I installed my ic, even extended the harness so the birdcage light still works.

On that note, has anyone found a decent replacement float switch, outside of OEM? Mine isn't as buoyant as it should be.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
I didnt even look at the car i got it from. I just opened the hood of several cars and chose the smallest one.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
seoul4korea;1935290 said:
I know you said OEM, but I saw this on the other forum and it looks awesome:

hwmukl.jpg

He claims it's from optionsauto.

^appears to be am S13 replacement unit...

$T2eC16JHJHoE9n3Kd7NsBQdJu2b0(Q~~60_35.JPG

^this would be an S14 style replacement unit

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Jeff Lange;1935355 said:
It cannot fit there at all for me. If i set it down on top of the IC, I cannot close the hood, lol.

Jeff

I pretty much did the same thing as bmette, but I guess we have small core intercoolers. theres that much of a difference eh? why not look at a steel resevoir and relocate on engine side. is your battery relocated? thats the first place that comes to mind.

Last edited:

Trent

Quietly Browsing
Oct 30, 2007
Austin TX
I know mine is just a lowly 7M, but I do have the DM kit and there was no way the coolant overflow was going to fit. I searched around a lot and found this one on Jegs of all places. It's just a universal overflow and both of the vaccuum line nipples are on the bottom. I have them easily routed and tied to the sway bar to keep it tucked up and hidden. I used the existing bolt that holds the PS reservoir bracket to the reservoir. Tucked in nicely and has at least an inch of clearance everywhere. Just another option :) I can get you the specifics of part#'s and such if you want more info.

Sorry for the crappy quality picture. I just went out real quick and took the picture.

p1936927_1.jpg

Tgood

All throttle no bottle
Dec 16, 2005
ennis/dfw
Trent how tall is that thing? I have the same situation. Mine doesn't fit ether. I just have it smushed between the battery and radiator. I thought about putting under my headlight but it wouldnt be readly accessible

Trent

Quietly Browsing
Oct 30, 2007
Austin TX
Tgood;1936938 said:
Trent how tall is that thing? I have the same situation. Mine doesn't fit ether. I just have it smushed between the battery and radiator. I thought about putting under my headlight but it wouldnt be readly accessible

It's 13" tall with an 18oz capacity. I found the specifics of it where I bought it. Amazon has only a little bit of info, but if you go on Jeg's site, they have a little more.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VRAK0U/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Mine is right below the driver side headlight on my 88 MK3. You have to turn on the headlight to see it (flip up) but I did a permanent marker line for the levels so I can tell that everything is correct. Out of sight, out of mind.. sensors on mine so I don't have to worry about it. And if I look through the fog light opening on the bumper, I can see it clearly by looking upwards. Kind of a nifty place.. see if I have a pic...

IMG_0439a.jpg

You can see the arm for the headlight... and its tucked down nicely..

Kind of a pain in the ass to fill from there, but if my engine is losing coolant I will be an angry puppy anyway...