Coolant outlet pipe on the back of the head...

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
Are any of you familiar with removing this? I bought replacements from Driftmotion. But upon cracking the pipe lose I'm noticing that it is super stiff, like nerve-racking, I'm taking the threads with it, stiff and I'm a little worried. I'm soaking it with PB Blaster and I'm tempted to put an impact gun on it but I'm nervous about the threads coming with it. Have you guys had any problems with this? Or do you have any advice on removing this pipe safely? Thanks in advance!

supranaut

Rock'n Death with Spikes
Apr 5, 2005
STL
I've had the same problem in the past...ended up filling it and retapping it...I had the equipment to do it at the time but I know it wouldn't be cheap to pay someone for it!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I have taken a few off when the head was off the car. 1/2 ratchet was no problem. But those cars were not from an area where roads are salted.

tdream

Sep 26, 2016
Mesa AZ.
I just removed one that cracked when I put the 32mm socket on it. I had to get a tap to clear my other head threads. Very expensive tap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

supranaut

Rock'n Death with Spikes
Apr 5, 2005
STL
the t3d;2084331 said:
Ugh this sucks. Where did you buy this tap? I have a feeling I'm gonna need it. It's the only thing holding me back.

Was almost 20 years ago for me...Snap On. $$$$

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
The head is bolted and torqued. Hell the timing belt and everything are ready to go. I figured I could just pop this off and replace it. I was wrong. I ended up cleaning as much as I could and tightened back down. There's not much corrosion or anything. I just hope it seals like it was. But she feels nice and snug.