coolant loss 7mge

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
right slight update here.

after i was last on here, the car has started warming up again. also the revs seem to have dropped off to a more normal (still a touch high) level.

Until last night though lol

When i used it on sunday afternoon i got in and started the engine (stone cold start) and thought ahh id better clean the inside of the windscreen. so was in the house for a few minutes came back and cleaned the screen. by this time the car was almost up to running temp.

bit quick i thought

then last night i drove it about say 4 miles. parked it up had a pint of orange squash and a game of pool with a mate so say 45 minutes max and drove back so another 4 miles

and the temp gauge was only just moving up the scale when i parked it up at home.

It also seems to roam about a tad right at the bottom. ie rising a little then falling

there is only warmish air out the heaters at this time whereas it was hot the other day with the temp gauge in the normal position

edit:- i checked the coolant yesterday aswell and it seems fine. rad is full and the exp tank is at the normal level. also cant hear any waterfall noises now

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Finnon;920503 said:
right slight update here.

after i was last on here, the car has started warming up again. also the revs seem to have dropped off to a more normal (still a touch high) level.

Until last night though lol

When i used it on sunday afternoon i got in and started the engine (stone cold start) and thought ahh id better clean the inside of the windscreen. so was in the house for a few minutes came back and cleaned the screen. by this time the car was almost up to running temp.

bit quick i thought

then last night i drove it about say 4 miles. parked it up had a pint of orange squash and a game of pool with a mate so say 45 minutes max and drove back so another 4 miles

and the temp gauge was only just moving up the scale when i parked it up at home.

It also seems to roam about a tad right at the bottom. ie rising a little then falling

there is only warmish air out the heaters at this time whereas it was hot the other day with the temp gauge in the normal position

edit:- i checked the coolant yesterday aswell and it seems fine. rad is full and the exp tank is at the normal level. also cant hear any waterfall noises now

Some what good news then?

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
it turns out mine was blowen on the exust side. the coolant wasnt getting in the oil. but i was getting little drops of water out the exuast pipe. it also blew out smoke after the car was cut off. hope that helps