Coolant in spark plug valley

AfterDark

Aug 10, 2009
Jerzy
So after doing a HB re-torque and replacing a few mis-gaskets. Went to 58ft*lbs and non of the bolts moved. Then went to 72ft*lbs Cranks wont won't idle and has a nasty misfire. Pulled the plugs out and found this---->>>

4219539020_51ffa2801d_b.jpg

I'm sure my headgasket's a gone but how'd coolant end up there? I think my head's cracked aswell. The plug for that cylinder was soaked in oil all the others were dry. This is on cylinder # 4 The car's never over heated either (Also if it's any help I flushed it and filled with oem red coolant) :1zhelp:

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Check the coolant hoses running to and from the ISC and throttle body (the throttle body hoses are the ones in question if the coolant is only in the rear of the galley).

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ugh...you should've removed and cleaned that center galley cover. It pains me to look at! ;)

You might want to pull all of your plugs, the EFI Fuse, and crank it a few revolutions to clear out the cylinders. Inspect your plugs while they're out.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
theres 1 coolant plug in between every other 2 spark plugs also. not the 4 on to that hold the 3rd valve cover.