Coolant from turbo elbow...?

bobpogoman

May 10, 2006
Quebec, Canada
ok guyes me and my friend just swapped his 7mgte with bhg for a jdm 7mgte, get everything running till runnin part :S the car starts well, idle @ around 2k rpm.. we havnt put the exhaust on it yet.. the big problem is that theres a lot of coolant coming out of turbo elbow... ne 1 got an idea where it can come form? (i dont think it can be bhg... we got about 1 liter of coolant on ground in 30 sec of running MAX.) turbo blown?

and oil seems to be oil.. no prestone in it, not smelling it too...

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
If it is coming out the elbow (inside it) then sound like your turbo is internal leeking some where. To test remove coolant hoses from turbo and "loop them back to each other" thus by passing the turbo, and start it up again. If still there your block or new HG is bad. If it stops then the turbo is bad. hope this helps.
later

bobpogoman

May 10, 2006
Quebec, Canada
kk ill check that later.. i dont think its the 90 degree hose since its coming from INSIDE the elbow...

ill by-pass the hose and look if it still piss...there is no coolant in the oil if it still piss ill do a compression test..

the engine is guaranteed for 1 month... but its pissing me off we must remove it and do the whole job again :S

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
I would never buy a used engine :3d_frown:.
Unless my stock engine was hosed beyond repair, and I needed a fresh place to start a rebuild.

Anyway, I'm betting on bhg on the exhaust side...

bobpogoman

May 10, 2006
Quebec, Canada
lol ehm try to find a 7mgte in a junkyard in quebec, canada ;) and the old engine had a bhg and heated a lot... instead of taking a head that isnt flat nemore and got to machine a lot on it he decided to take a jdm 7mgte..

BAD NEWS we looped coolant hoses going to turbo.. still blowing collant on ground from inside the exhaust..

j pipe wont blow it in exhaust eh??

then... a bhg or cracked hear or cracked block CAN blow 1 liter in 30 seconds on ground :O?

we r doing a compression check tomorrow

bobpogoman

May 10, 2006
Quebec, Canada
RedEj8;1020892 said:
Are you sure its coolant and not just condenstation? A byproduct of combustion is water.

its coolant... green on ground lol.. and 1 liter of condensation in about 30 sec. i dont think so... i whink he will get the engine replaced... (guaranteed 30 days) or ask the company to pay for a head gasket...

bobpogoman

May 10, 2006
Quebec, Canada
GrimJack;1022041 said:
Replaced. No telling what else is wrong with it if they let an engine sit for 10+ years with a BHG.

mm lol they paid a felpro head gasket... fuck it XD i think hes going to sell it and buy a hks 2.0 mhg and the arp studs..