coolant fogging on the windshield

Soupie

Apr 30, 2011
SoCal
hey everyone sorry if this wasnt the right place to post this thread but i thought "lubrication" would be proper for coolant.

anyways here it goes. i suspect that my heater core is going out because my windshield fogs, and when i dont close my vents, steam comes out. i've heard from numerous people this is the heater core, and i have come to conclude this is probably the most likely. i wanted to know anyone's opinion on how to bypass the heater core, and also if anyone has used the "bar's leak liquid aluminum radiator stop leak" in their car & had success fixing stopping the heater core from leaking.

please only leave feedback if it is positive and will help me because i am tired of smelling coolant in my cabin while driving :: angry ::

thanks alot everyone!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Hmm... well, general Mk3 discussion seems more appropriate to me, it will certainly get a lot more useful traffic there, so, thread moved.

Sounds like a heater core all right. Bypassing the heater core can be done, although it tends to make wet days rather foggy from inside the cabin. The stop leak stuff is evil. I would never personally use it in a car I care about.