Coolant filter pix

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Changed my coolant filter yesterday. Thought you folks might like to see it. Coolant and filter has 1 year and about 10K miles on it. Only a portion of the filter media is shown but all of it was like that. This is a well cared for cooling system with a total of 40K miles on it. Inside it looks nearly new.

Blade2001

Apr 9, 2007
TX
does the water pump put out enough pressure to go through a filter? or do you have a slip-stream filter with its own pump?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Here's a pic. Yeah, I admit to being anal about filtration. All my cars have coolant, PS, tranny, and bypass oil filters on them.

There is stuff in every cooling system, especially if one uses silicated coolant. I don't but nevertheless filter what crap gets generated out. Junk can come from cavitation erosion, electrolysis, precipitation of the salts used in a coolants' additive package, ect. Better it goes in a filter than circulate through my heater core, radiator, and water pump seal. The filter is mounted where the igniter used to be. Being fed by the TB and ICS lines makes it a side stream filter. The igniter was relocated to the brake proportioning valve. If the cruise control has been removed the filter also fits well there.

Attachments

• IMG_1129 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1129 (Large).JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 271

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Thanks guys. Lol @ 3p. He knows I busted my original fan during a moment of stupidity. Fwiw that fan isn't new. Came out of a junkyard. Amazing what hot soapy water and scotchbrite will do. Thanks again to the guy who procured it for me.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
that's a nifty setup. :) i think i might have to get something like that for my car. i'll have to mount it elsewhere though, as that area is fully taken up by the FFIM and NSX headlights.

looks really good, JJ! (and i figured that was prop paint!) haha.

-shaeff