Coolant Bypass ISC....cause problems?

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
I was wondering if you can not run coolant through the Idle Speed Control unit like you can with Throttlebody without problems?

Thanks

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Strannik said:
yeah you can
what i did on my car is put a small metal ball into the coolant hose where it enters the ISC to effectively block off both ISC and TB ( i was too lazy to disconnect hoses ;))

probably a bad idea, youre blocking over all coolant flow.

ive had mine bypassed through the winter, no problems.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thats very interesting, I didn't know that it wouldnt mess up the idle speed. I thought that there was a sensor in it which basically "told" the ISC valve when to open.

I guess now that I think about it, thats what the ECU water temp sensor is for.. which I guess the ECU then tells the ISC when to open/close.. since it is connected by the wiring harness.

another supra mystery unraveled

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
the coolant in the isc and tb have nothing to do with the performance of the units. there there to prevent freezing up and to reduce carbon build up.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
malloynx said:
the coolant in the isc and tb have nothing to do with the performance of the units. there there to prevent freezing up and to reduce carbon build up.

Malloynx FTW!

Easy fix to this.... there is hose that comes off the steel coolant lines under the intake. Run that hose to the nipple off the front of the head, just under the alt. The nipple up front will be attached to the intake plunnum/runners.