Cool junk yard finds! Seatbelts for aftermarket seats

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I put in some Sparco Torino II seats and realized that I really hate the way the stock seatbelt receptacle mounts to the seat more then the floor. So I looked around and saw that all the 80's Toyotas used the same size seatbelt latch. I found the 1982 Celica seatbelts mount to the floor on a cable covered in a rubber sheath. They fit absolutely perfect! I will post pics tomorrow.

I also scored a nice glovebox, a kick panel I needed, a rear view mirror, and a reupholstered center console cover that is perfect! All that for $35!!! I was happy to say the least!

Last edited:

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
mischief7m;1141280 said:
gotta love those goldmines. unfortunately there are only two supras in junkyards around me, and they have both been stripped pretty well...
trev your not looking hard enough :)

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
tsuper92;1141433 said:

I walked past one twice a few weeks ago without recognizing it when plundering a local junkyard. Didn't recognize it mostly because it had ended up a mid-engine design after hitting or getting hit dead on in the front and the engine resting about where the leading edge of the dash is/was.

Not pretty, and not much useful left on it.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
the junk yard closest said they didnt have any supras when i called about getting some radio plugs. well i went anyways and they had several sitting back there. while i was there i was able to score a mint condition 89+ climate control for next to nothing. i love going to junk yard.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i just make a day of it and bounce from one to the other.i never call on the phone.when they ask what i'm looking for,i say the list is to long.then they most of the time tell me to go for a look.i snagged a good condition r154 5spd for $85 one time.another time i had a pile of part's stacked in a bumper cover and he said "just give me twenty bucks":)

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
tsuper92;1141433 said:

well...when i say around me, i mean worcester area, i don't know the junk yards around "here" haha

by the way, how is yours doin? get that clutch all set? and are there any FYC meets or anything comin up? i'm planning on a cruise, so far, me, shun (FYC M3), Ryan (FYC STI) two other mkiii's and a couple others. just out and around Quabbin. probably like first weekend of NOV. Ill let you know when we know the details for sure.

-Trevor

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
gotta love junk yards and not knowing the value of some things

i got an entire shadow grey interior out of a 91 for $30

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Today I went back and got some new drivers and passenger window glass for $40. My new Supra has super dark tint on the windows and I can't stand it, plus it's just begging to get a ticket. I called around and they quoted me $40-$50 just to remove the tint so I would rather just swap out the glass since the door panels are already off.

I even found a perfect climate control for my Dad's LS400, $8 with warranty! I bet it's $500+ from Lexus. They have a problem with the LCD that makes it look all black and nasty so you can't read it anymore.

7Mboost;1141644 said:
Haha Aaron this is pretty funny because I've been considering seats and bought an 82 Celica 2 weeks ago lol.

So you don't even have to go looking, just swap them from car to car when you drive either one :biglaugh:

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
nice finds man. my favorite junkyard story was when my father and i busted up an intake manifold from this old infinity (q45) for a new tb project. ended up making a tidy profit on it (purchased for $25, sold on ebay for $135) i need to find some smaller parts next time i go... haven't been there in a while...

billwert

Sep 25, 2007
Naylor
Wish there were some junkyards around here with supras in them. But from what I'm told there were only 3 or 4 supras ever sold around the southeast Mo. area. And I've never seen one in any of the junkyards around here.

EdT.Mk3

Sorta Secret Supra
Aug 21, 2008
San Diego
Maaan, I need to go junk yard diving again...

Last time I went, the manager of the place was a Supra owner and knew his stuff, so I couldn't play the "not worth much" card. =\