convert Psi to MM/hg-KG/cm2

Status
Not open for further replies.

avp23

Mar 18, 2008
Washington
MY avcr is showing this as monitoring (mm/hg) and then this as setting (Kg/cm2) i have a boost guage and it reads in PSI and thats what i prefer. so is there a table to see the conversions of these so i know that my boost guage is hitting its targets? I tryed searching for this but no results. thanks guys.

i boost in psi

so what are these in kg/cm2 or MM/HG
Andrew

avp23

Mar 18, 2008
Washington
thanks so much, i found the psi but i dont know what these are? what is (mm/hg) and (Kg/cm2)

Last edited:

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
avp23;991273 said:
so when im boosting im forcing millimeters of mercury inside my motor? :1zhelp:

Lmao. MM/hg is simply pressure expressed by using a column of mercury to measure it. Gases have mass and are therefore subject to the force of gravity. The weight of our atmosphere pressing down upon us will, at sea level and 59 F, push a column of mercury 760 millimeters up a tube. Mercury is used because of it's density. If water was used the tube would have to be 33 feet tall.

In engineering 760 mm/hg is expressed as Torr, therefore 760 Torr also equals one atmosphere, as does many other units. 760 mm/hg also happens to be 29.92 inches of mercury, what barometers (in the USA at least) display. In this country it's most commonly used by meteorologists, the public, and in aviation.

The same force exerts 14.7 psi. In other words if you could hold a vertical column of the atmosphere 1 inch square in your hand it'd weigh 14.7 pounds. If you're of average build your body is holding off about 20 tons of pressure as you read this. I'll leave it for you to figure out why you haven't been crushed...

BillyM

MK2 + 7M = FUN
Mar 3, 2006
Greenville, SC
You learned that our bodies aren't crushed by atmospheric pressure because jesus loves us, in chemistry?

What school did you go to?

--billyM

Status
Not open for further replies.