Congrats Sean, 214.9MPH Standing Mile

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Slow66;1428995 said:
I'm about as die-hard a 7m guy as you will find, and you guys are way off base. 200+ isn't easy in any car, and every mph over it becomes exponentially harder.

Not sure if you still browse/lurk here Sean, but congrats. You should be very proud.

I wasn't trying to be, I was just stating that it has been done w/ the MKIV. So to me, he's did the same thing as the MKIV using the same engine. I respect Sean for what he has done, I was never negative towards him.

Still, I thinking doing 200+ in any car is amazing!

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Who cares what engine it has in it really? does that really matter at all? No, the rest that think it does are just haters, lol.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Slow66;1428995 said:
I'm about as die-hard a 7m guy as you will find, and you guys are way off base. 200+ isn't easy in any car, and every mph over it becomes exponentially harder.

Brake Check!!!

We're not way off base. It was never said that it wasn't a great accomplishment. It was merely a "purist" opinion expressed.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
what's faster:
1000whp 7m or 1000whp 2j,if they have the same final gear ratio and spun to the same rpm?;)
congrat's,must have been fun

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Slow66;1428995 said:

Not sure if you still browse/lurk here Sean, but congrats. You should be very proud.

200 for me is one of the Holy Grails of fast road cars and ISN'T easy to achieve, anyone that thinks it is is very deluded and probably relies on their stock speedo readings as their basis for comparison.

I'm impressed that he managed it with just a couple of rolls of blue tape to stop it blowing the inner fenders out of the car :aigo:

Really sad that the Vid Cam ran out of room and we don't get a ride along but there's always next year, I'm sure now the top end bug has bitter we'll see more from Sean.

It's a pity for whatever reason he no longer posts here as I'd like to hear all about his mile experience in detail.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
I'll post a little bit better/longer video shortly. You guys have no idea how many "bad ass" cars were there and couldn't touch 170mph lol. Many many many Z06, ZR1, 911tt, italians etc. I think only 4 cars broke the 200mph mark. Sean's supra, a TT Ford GT, the legendary Eddy Bello in his old school 911 and a bad ass Green MKIV which I'm proud to say my friend built the engine. Another impresive car was a well built Celica all track street car who ran 191mph.

STREETOPTIONZ

Toyota LOVER
Feb 1, 2008
Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
tsuper92;1429318 said:
what's faster:
1000whp 7m or 1000whp 2j,if they have the same final gear ratio and spun to the same rpm?;)
congrat's,must have been fun

The MK4 car is lighter but less aerodynamic
The 7M engine is lighter and has more torque

So with a little weight removal done on the MK3 it would definitely be faster than the MK4. Regardless its only like 100lbs heavier than the MK4 so a skinny person would probably even it out.
And if you could get a 7M to run reliably at 1000WHP that will be faster than the 2JZ with the same rotational rate.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Boosted Supra;1429167 said:
Do me a favor, hold your tongue. Don't excuse me of being a hater. I never said I didn't like the JZ. Would it be better if I said:

What else is new?

I agree with you on one point but the great accomplishment would be that he hit 200 plus MPH. He is going to go faster in the Texas mile, this is the word on the street!! :naughty:

On a side note, someone step up and make a 7M mile car!!

Duane

PS: Sean doesn't frequent here, he sticks to sf.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
gofastgeorge;1436787 said:
So how did he do, the Tx Mile was just over a week ago ?

No, this was done at the miami mile. Next event is Jan.

F&H might take a 7m car out to the next one, but its only making 650-700whp, so no 200mph pass with it.

Last edited: