Compressor wheel??

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
I took the turbo off last night and noticed the fins have a few dented places in them. I want to get it rebuilt anyway but were can I find a new compressor wheel?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
that is kind of a vague question isn't it?

What type of turbo? know the specs of the compressors? A lot more information is needed than you have provided.

Last edited:

zman6127

ZMAN
Dec 30, 2008
Fort Wayne, IN
figgie;1383770 said:
that is kind of a vague question isn't it?

What type of turbo? NO the specs of the compressors? A lot more information is needed than you have provided.

i have the same type of problem other then it needing rebuilt. i have less then 2k miles on my rebuild and have broken fins on my stock ct-26 if anyone knows if i can just replace the compressor wheel and where i can get one let me know

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
zman6127;1383784 said:
i have the same type of problem other then it needing rebuilt. i have less then 2k miles on my rebuild and have broken fins on my stock ct-26 if anyone knows if i can just replace the compressor wheel and where i can get one let me know

Can't just replace the compressor wheel unless you have the turbine & wheel balanced.

lowtaco;1383860 said:
Sorry guys, I just have the stock CT-26 turbo, dont know the specs on the stock ones.

Check some turbo charger rebuilding places. Chances are they have a junk room where they keep all the good stuff, but nothing that is really able to be re-sold... except when guys like you come along.