Completed LSx (or 1 or 6 or 7 or...)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
I've been doing some searching, and while I've been able to locate some LS builds, none of the Supras I was able to find were completed.

I'm sure someone must have a good running completed example of an LS(fill in the number or letter x), right???

Lots of attempts and different points of view on how to do it, like whether you need to move the engine forward an inch to clear firewall (F' that:3d_frown: ).

I would think there's gotta be someone with a well constructed LS swap w/turbo 350 or 400, and maybe something like what IJ has for final drive, but I haven't been able to find it.

Does any one sell pre-made motor mounts etc. for this swap? Let me guess...no.

:icon_bigg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
mk2 Supra LS1 ;)

p858096_1.jpg

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=29684

Sorry it's not a MK3, still bad ass though.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
figgie said:
doubt you will see an LS7 anytime soon..... 12k for the long block ;)

Agreed, but I haven't seen any completed projects. LS anything...

Some intrepid, well healed, adventurer might do it.

Let's face it, alot of us have known guys that spent a lot more than that on hookers and coke.

Seems like a solid investment when you look at it that way.:biglaugh:

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
I remember one on ebay that had either the lt1 or ls1 dont quite remember right now. I think he was asking around 5-6k for it, I wish I would of been able to picked it up

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
cause iirc those ar the only covers made to cover up the coil packs. also, lets people know where the heart came from. those engines arnt cheap at all.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
Syris said:
I remember one on ebay that had either the lt1 or ls1 dont quite remember right now. I think he was asking around 5-6k for it, I wish I would of been able to picked it up

it was an lt1 iirc.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
OneJoeZee said:
Other LS1 equipped cars don't have them.

And you can prolly pick up a complete motor, 6speed tranny and harness for less then the same for a 2jz.

if you want a LSX motor buy a vette or a camaro, its lighter and no swap necessary and more, cheaper aftermarket support.

for the money of doing the swap you could have either a jz or an 7m making more power, and still be true to the supra name.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
nosechunks said:
if you want a LSX motor buy a vette or a camaro, its lighter than a mk3 and no swap necessary and more, cheaper aftermarket support.

fixed that for you.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
people call our cars "corvette killers" around here... LS series swap is like putting a 1JZ in a Honda. it'll be sick, but there's just somethin wrong about it.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
nosechunks said:
for the money of doing the swap you could have either a jz or an 7m making more power, and still be true to the supra name.

That's how I have always felt but:

When you look at the cost of an LSX or and LS1 and you consider the reliability, the weight, and the cheap mega horsepower available, not to mention how well they respond to Nos, it's hard not to consider it...especially if you want to go drag racing.

Plus turbo 350/400 on this swap is a bolt-up.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
87mgte said:
people call our cars "corvette killers" around here... LS series swap is like putting a 1JZ in a Honda. it'll be sick, but there's just somethin wrong about it.

Weak analogy.

I don't see what's wrong with 2JZ S2000s.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
OneJoeZee said:
Weak analogy.

I don't see what's wrong with 2JZ S2000s.

uhhh, weak example of a Honda. i was talking about a Civic hatch or somethin. i think s2k's and NSX's and stuff like that are gorgeous and i've seen that s2k you're talkin about... amazing. it's just weird to think of a Corvette engine in a Corvette killer. the irony would make winning a race against a Vette that much better though.:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.