Complete Parts List For A Clutch Job

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
I've got a clutch job coming my way on my car and i need to know if i need any other little clips, bolts, or anything other than i have on this list.

- Clutch Kit (Disc pressure plate ect. I havnt picked one yet but still)
- Throw out bearing (If the kit doesnt come with one)
- Pilot bearing (Again if the kit doesnt come with one)
- Resurfaced or new flywheel

Ive searched and i havnt been able to find a complete list or any helpful information im pretty sure ive read somewhere about clips in the clutch fork that need to be replaced also but im not completely sure.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Any Opinions on Clutch Masters?

This isnt gonna be an uber sprayed GE or n/a-t, Im 95% sure a stock clutch would be just fine if i didnt beat on the car but it will see track days and it will be driven hard so im lookin for something a little bit better. If you have any ideas on that they will be much appreciated also.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Your list is fine. You don't have x-ray vision, so you won't know about extras until you are in there. With high miles, I would change the rear crank seal, aka rear main as long as you have it apart.

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
The rear main was done about 25k miles ago when the motor was rebuilt, but yea your right thats what im worried about is not having something we may need to complete the job and having to wait on it.

Thanks tho! :)

steeven001

Jul 15, 2007
Toronto
I read stock flywheel bolts are one time use.

I'm getting ready to do a clutch too.

So far I know I need a clutch kit (disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing, release bearing), slave cylinder, and flywheel bolts. And of course get the flywheel resurfaced.

And I'm going to do the tranny front and rear seals.

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
can anybody confirm on the stock flywheel bolts?

I think i saw ARP made some flywheel bolts but im not 100% sure can anybody confirm that too?

i might do the front trans seal while im at it.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Yea, I would replace the flywheel bolts with the ARP hardware. Driftmotion sells them for $25, its cheap insurance.

When I pulled the engine and tranny out of my 86 I found that the pilot bearing and the throwout bearing were shot, they felt like that there was no lubrication at all left, also the flywheel was cracked in several places.

Good luck.