complete noob at piggybacks.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
this is for a 7mgte, and it is currently rebuilt. zero miles so far. just waiting to put back in
for whats installed.
ct26 57trim turbo
560cc injectors
lexus maf
i.c upper piping
hks bov
apexi power intake
3in downpipe back

now what i need installed.
hks evc6
hks turbo timer
safc2
aem wideband

now i know i can figure out how to install these items, but i have no idea how to tune. im completly new to piggbacks and have no idea what im doing.
i dont want to take it to a shop and pay 500 plus dollars. even though i know it would be professionally done. its something i would have to learn anyways on my own.

taylor1987supra

Jan 19, 2013
Newfoundland
the key to tuning is making sure your engine doesnt run rich ( too much fuel for the amount of air) or lean ( not enough fuel for the amount of air ), using the wideband you can get an instant readout of how much air and fuel is being put into the cylinders. and before i go on, its safer to have your engine run rich than lean. 12.5 is what you should be shooting for on your wideband at idle, its a little on the rich side but once you start making boost the added air pressure will lean it out and give you the perfect a/f. and your safc will allow you to ell your ecu how much air YOU want in your engine, pretty much tuning your car as you up the rev's. im not sure how to use the SAFC you have but i have the first gen one and all i do is turn a knob for a certain rpm range to adjust how much air i want the ecu to read that im letting into the engine. that in line with your wideband should let you tune your car all the way to redline and keep the same A/F ratios all the way up !

Hope i helped. and if im wrong someone please correct me

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Good answer taylor (makes a ton of sense when I read it). Kind of curious (I have all the same as what the OP has except stock intercooler still) is the safc2 a "mid-step" to going stand alone?