complete 2jzge swap parts list

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
So I wanted to start a list of parts that are required (and optional) to get a 2jzge into a mk3. I'm doing it part for myself to get it all listed out and part for everyone so it's all layed out for anyone interested.

I like the current list but it doesn't actually give you a clear shopping list all lined up.

I wont go into turbo parts as it would be the same as any na to turbo swap.
and this will be a work in progress until we feel it's complete.

So with everyones help I'll start and edit this first post as we add the required and optional items...

2jzge w/ wanted accessories

1jz bellhousing

1jz flywheel

engine mounts

2jz or 7m starter with the right bolts

bellhousing bolts

2jzge engine harness

oil pressure sensor adaptor

1jz p/s hose (optional, your gonna have big arms without it)

rear/mid sump oil pan, and oil pickup/screen. (if you didnt get a rear/mid sump engine)

2 lower rad hoses from 7m (for top of rad, or i hear stock 2jzge works too for the top)

92-94 camry throttle cable

exhaust fabrication to meet 2jzge headers to 7m exhaust (test pipe?)

intake boot(if not with engine)

Optional Items

7mgte engine harness

7mgte or lexus afm (if using 7mgte harness)

7mgte cps (if using 7mgte harness)

2jzgte headgasket (if going mild turbo)

engine gasket kit

Last edited:

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
I have a '92 starter and it works without a problem. I dont see why an earlier mk3 starter wouldnt work... The only difference between the 2 is how they are held to the motor. '92 has threads in the starter. Earlier years you must use a bolt and nut.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
RogueSteel;1404040 said:
Great start! Is this really ALL that is required to drop the GE into an MKIII? Because I have a NA 7M I was looking to swap out for a 2JZ and go NA-T somewhere down the line.

as far as i know yes...i am also doing just that because I'm tired of having a non running supra.

i'm in the middle of the swap so as i go along if i find anything else that i missed I'll add it

'86-'89 1JZ/2JZ swap motor mount brackets - $149
'86-'88 solid motor mounts- $120
1JZ/2JZ to W58 Bell Housing- $335
1JZ/2JZ W58 Flywheel- $275
ARP 1JZ Flywheel Bolts- $30
ACT Stage 4 W58 Clutch Kit - $470
W58 Transmission Rebuild Kit-$210
GREDDY Speed Cut Defender for 1JZ/2JZ- $75
2JZ-GE Complete Engine Gasket Set-$295

That's the list I had setup before, I suppose it would need a little revision eh?

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
RogueSteel;1404713 said:
'86-'89 1JZ/2JZ swap motor mount brackets - $149
'86-'88 solid motor mounts- $120
1JZ/2JZ to W58 Bell Housing- $335
1JZ/2JZ W58 Flywheel- $275
ARP 1JZ Flywheel Bolts- $30
ACT Stage 4 W58 Clutch Kit - $470
W58 Transmission Rebuild Kit-$210
GREDDY Speed Cut Defender for 1JZ/2JZ- $75
2JZ-GE Complete Engine Gasket Set-$295

That's the list I had setup before, I suppose it would need a little revision eh?

yes thats a good list but i was making a list just whats needed to get the engine swapped over stock for stock.

correct me if I'm wrong but solid engine mounts, a speed cut defender and gasket kit are not required items granted you find a good condition engine that you know was in running order when removed (not that they arnt a good idea)

edit: trans rebuild isn't required ether but thats an option you have to decide if you need on your own.(also a good idea)

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Where are you getting your motor from? Alot of places close to me in Miami ship 2JZGTE's with tranny/mounts/twins/harness/ecu/ignitor/etc.. not to mention accessories like alternator, etc..

Just curious because you guys' lists have lots of parts on em lol

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
whitem1ke88;1406871 said:
Where are you getting your motor from? Alot of places close to me in Miami ship 2JZGTE's with tranny/mounts/twins/harness/ecu/ignitor/etc.. not to mention accessories like alternator, etc..

Just curious because you guys' lists have lots of parts on em lol

we are talking about the 2jzge, and using your stock trans. you will still need all of the listed parts even if you where to buy a complete swap like you stated...

engine mounts, fuel lines, coolent hoses, all has to hook up right and is not always the same from one model to the next