Commence Flaming

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
suprarx7nut;1134368 said:
Wow. Unless the turbo was a heaping pile of shit, I'd say you got the raw end of that deal.

Heaping is an understatement. I wouldn't have done it if my Supra would have been prime.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Poodles;1134466 said:
Sadly, he'll probably pick up more women with the Camaro :3d_frown:

Women care about the car you drive?

I roll in my 79 Rust Bucket Z and my "romantic" life has no hitch. :biglaugh:

When they say they hate it. I Take my moms lexus. ;)

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
More tail with a camaro? I don't think so.

My wife gets jealous when I drive my Supra "because it gets too much attention from females". They wave and smile and give me the look...sometimes with my wife sitting shotgun. I pretend not to notice...

I guess it all depends on condition (and who's driving it).:naughty:

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
Poodles;1134445 said:
Dunno what's with the hate of F-bodies... The 3rd and 4th gens both handle well, the LS1 is a powerhouse, and the 4th gens are made quite well (3rd gens not so much).

It's not like it's a mustang. Mustangs are made to a much lower price point, and it shows...

99-02 model SS camaros are badass. before that, last badass camaro made was MAYBE 70-71. no. 1969.

however, its still what it is- a v6 f body. that, sir, is a vehicle that aims to be many things, and fails in every respect. 16" alloys w/ 5" wheelgap REPREZENT!!

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
zambini;1134583 said:
99-02 model SS camaros are badass. before that, last badass camaro made was MAYBE 70-71. no. 1969.

however, its still what it is- a v6 f body. that, sir, is a vehicle that aims to be many things, and fails in every respect. 16" alloys w/ 5" wheelgap REPREZENT!!

lol Again, I didn't do it to be cool, trust me. It's bright yellow with a black hood and bumper, for Pete's peppers! I just needed to get a reliable car that I wouldn't have to be under the hood of every day while I saved to get another, way nicer Mkiii after I sold it. The Camaro fit the description so I went for it.

Does anyone know anything cool about the Camaro that I don't, like values, etc?

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
I went the other way around, I sold my 95 drop top 3.4 camaro and bought the Supra. Although the Camaro seemed to be more realiable than my supra, the camaro was really really slow. I couldnt get $4,000 whey I sold it and it was in mint conditions. With $4,000 dlls you can get a Z28 93-97 style or a 98+ V6 camaro style. And i also didnt like the interior, too much plastic everywhere. But yeah good luck. :icon_bigg

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
(You told us to commence flaming, so here it goes)... :)

87mgte;1142105 said:
Does anyone know anything cool about the Camaro that I don't...

You actually used "cool" and "Camaro" in the same sentence? I personally don't know if there's anything "cool" about that car, but these guys could probably tell you:

camaro1.jpg

Hell, you may even be able to pick up this chick with that car:

p1142129_1.jpg

Sorry, I don't mean to sterotype, but sometimes it just can't be avoided. These pics just speak for themselves:

627must48wm6wx.jpg

It really is true what they say about Camaros and trailer parks!

117653308_2515669988.jpg

All joking aside, if you're happy with the trade you made, then what does it really matter what anyone else thinks? After all, it's you that's going to be driving it; and if you get enjoyment out of driving the car, that's really all that should matter.

Hopefully, you'll get back into the Supra game someday; but in the meantime, enjoy the car you've chosen for yourself.

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
zambini;1134583 said:

The LT1 cars are sick as well. LT1's are boost happy motors. And they get great gas milage too(22-26), about the same as the LS1.

Anyways OP you should of waited and traded it for the 3.8 liter. But good luck to you. And good luck on insurance....it's gunna hurt.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
DreamerTheresa;1142126 said:
Please. Tell me. HOW is this 7M Tech? Please?

Uhhhh... I really couldn't tell ya. Sorry about that. Move to the appropriate section if you want.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
jdub;1143122 said:
Ummm...a bit low on SA today?
The thread has already been moved ;)

lol Wow... this "White Trash Trailer Park Dwelling Camaro Driver" business is apparently already gettin to me.

On the note of gettin back into the Supra game, you guys can all count on me getting another Mkiii as soon as I sell the Camaro. I drove my friend's 91 Turbo Targa right after selling my car and it was in excellent condition i.e. super fast and super reliable, and that gave me more drive than ever to strive towards being able to get another one.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I wouldn't give over 1500 for a V6, even if it was immaculate. It'd just be a shell to me.

Seriously, sell that thing immediately. You could pick up a nice turbo car for what you could get out of that IF you look hard enough.