Come on I'm so tired of this shit.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
So in the past two weeks I have been pulled over 6 times for

1. defective parking light (its clear but shines yellow and is DOT cirt)

2. No front plate 3 times. (Yes my fault I couldn't find screws)

3. Accelerating to traffic speed (apparently when the person on the road is hauling balls, and you don't expect it, turn out from a parking lot, and realize that they are, then get on it and change lanes but don't brake the limit thats failure to yield right away:dunno:)

4. And Last...

I got a ticket for street racing??? Some how if a honda civic hatch pulls up next to you, and when the light goes green spins the tires and gets all out of wake, that means your involved too when you dont even race them or brake the speed limit. Even if you pull over and the civic runs like hell.

This is bull shit now I have to go buy pay for a lawer so I dont have to deal with this shit on my record and spend time in jail.

WTF next time a honda pulls up next to me to race and a cop starts to pull me over fuck that I'm out. Thats not a hard choose to make take the ticket and hope they believe a 20 year old in court when he says it wasnt me, spend a shit load of money to get someone to say the same thing, or run and give them a reason to put me in jail...I'll take my chances.

Anyway end of rant. Any one have any idea for what I can do to keep the cost of this bull shit ticket down and off my record.

Just an FYI, in washington you can serve 90 day and up to $1000 in fines for racing.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
yep. I had something similar happen "except i didnt get charged luckily". This guy was nuts he was brake burning and revving up at a red light. He bolted all out when the light turned green and cut in front of another car when he got ahead. "I wasnt trying" and i got pulled over cavelier got away. I guess they dont chase people as much anymore i was the easy target because im not crazy.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
shitty luck on the street racing ticket..

and yea.. pulling out infront of someone is technically failure to yeild...

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Fletch124 said:
Fight the racing ticket.
FIGHT THAT SHIT! and throw a donut..err..coffee? in that cops face after you win the case! stupid civics and cops! :3d_frown:

i remember when a riced out civic wanted to race. i was in the right lane and noticed a cop coming. we both revved up, light turned green, i signaled right and turned. needless to say he got a hefty ticket!

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Your at fault, whats the problem? Good luck beating the racing ticket when you got all these other violations under your belt. Of course the judge is gonna throw the book at you. Maybe youd get off the racing ticket if you had a clean record. Doesnt matter if you go over the limit or not anyways, its all about exibition of speed.

Its all stupid stuff, no front plate come on its your own fault. Ya that ticket isnt a big deal but when the big ticket(racing) comes along it makes you look guilty!

Sounds like you shouldnt be on the road anyways, hope they take your license. I dont want to be the car around you when you decide to run from the cops next time.

JTGsupra7

Jul 14, 2007
New Jersey
iwannadie said:
Your at fault, whats the problem? Good luck beating the racing ticket when you got all these other violations under your belt. Of course the judge is gonna throw the book at you. Maybe youd get off the racing ticket if you had a clean record. Doesnt matter if you go over the limit or not anyways, its all about exibition of speed.

Its all stupid stuff, no front plate come on its your own fault. Ya that ticket isnt a big deal but when the big ticket(racing) comes along it makes you look guilty!

Sounds like you shouldnt be on the road anyways, hope they take your license. I dont want to be the car around you when you decide to run from the cops next time.
so youve never had fun in your supra Mr. perfect?
are you having a bad day....?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
iwannadie said:

You = Ass.

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
how about you take in all these tickets for the same car in such a short time and file a harassment complaint? I'd fight it and ask what made the cop think you were racing.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
iwannadie said:

All this comes from someone with the name "IWANNADIE" pft.... stfu

P.S. that racing ticket is alot cheaper then a criminal record for running from the cops. I got pinched with 3rd degree eluding which is a felony. They originally wanted to charge me with 2nd degree eluding.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
So in the past two weeks I have been pulled over 6 times for

1. defective parking light (its clear but shines yellow and is DOT cirt)

easily fightable in court

2. No front plate 3 times. (Yes my fault I couldn't find screws)

was it in windshield at least?

3. Accelerating to traffic speed (apparently when the person on the road is hauling balls, and you don't expect it, turn out from a parking lot, and realize that they are, then get on it and change lanes but don't brake the limit thats failure to yield right away:dunno:)

this is a nono but usually let off with a warning not sure what to do about that

4. And Last...

I got a ticket for street racing???

if noone admits to street racing then it wasnt street racing, what did you tell them?:p can be reduced ALOT because there is no proof he clocked you he just saw a civic blasting past you if anything a minor speeding ticket if that even holds up

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I'm with IJ... If I get a speeding ticket I wont get on SM and start bitching, because I've done it everyday for the past 6 years.

And ppl that fail to yield should be ticketed, because usually there aren't any cars behind the person they pull out in front of. (or atleast when ppl do it to me)

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I have no tickets of any kind, so ya perfect record. Im not dumb enough to get hit 3 times for something easy to fix like a front plate. Your asking for trouble by not fixxing the simple stuff.

Like I said, if your the type that wants to run from the cops rather than get a ticket then I dont want to be on the road anywhere near you.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Only thing I can say is...

...I love having a Jeep now. No more BS tickets.

On a serious note, Where you seriously just sitting at the light doing nothing while the civic was revving at you? You didn't do anything to provoke him? Didn't accelerate away at green? If you just slowly drove away from the light than there is no reason for the cop to think you were racing...It seems there may be more to the story. No saying your lying just seems that way.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ it's like ppl saying they're gonna ( or would, anyway) kill someone here on the forums...

They wont do it, so you have nothing to worry about. :icon_bigg

*edit*

lol, I'd put money on there being more to the failure to yield as well... Maybe not paying attention.. ?