COMCAST Users: What do you pay?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I need to set-up comcast service in my new house and I got quoted 110 for BASIC cable and Hi-speed internet!

They have the "triple play bundle" for 102, but we dont need landline phone service.

The cheapest TV package she said they have in 53.39/month!!! :aigo:

This seems insane. BASIC cable for 54/month?!?!?!

I thought basic cable was cheap. Close to 15-20/month. I'm very confused and the saleperson insisted the cheapest tv+internet package was 110/month.

::help::

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
That is spendy. I don't have comcast, I have us cable, But I pay $114/mo. for high speed internet, and digital choice + for cable. Witch is way to much, I need to give them a call one of these days :rant2:
But there basic cable price is $19.99 for ch. 2-24 and extended basic is $25.99 for Ch. 2-78.

Internet is something like $53/mo I think. I haven't looked at the details in some time.

Good luck!

Who

Supramania Contributor
$130 including tax for digital HD one dvr box no premium movie channels.

I tried to save some money on my comcast bill. I tried every angle possible buy trust me they must have some Harvard MBA or Doctorates degree bastardos working in the fee schedule department. When you breakup a comcast package you actually end up paying more. If you try and go a la carte you end up paying more for the remotes and digital boxes. Trust me I am a cheap sob. You think you saved money on one end but they stick it to you somewhere else.
There is one package they never tell you about. Its a barebones basic hookup analog only no cable boxes, if its available in your area. You might as well use rabbit ears. You have to ask for it. With balls I might say. The monthly fee is about $24 but there is a downgrade charge of about $40 for the tech to come out and filter the line. If you choose that option I believe you cannot have cable internet service though due to the filters.
Your best angle is tell them you want the special intro price for your internet service and when it expires call and tell them you want to cancel and go to dsl and they usually extend it. I did it for about 9 months until they called my bluff.
If your a heavy feature and long distance call user consider using their phone service package and cancel the land line. Thats a savings or credit towards your cable bill.

Last edited:

626na

Banned
Jan 15, 2008
cali
i pay 33 for cable 1-90 with on demand and 33 for high speed internet for 12 months/.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
50 bucks for basic cable + on demand and high speed internet.

When the 6 month promotion ends call up and say you're going to cancel. Then they offer you the promotion for another 6 months. etc. etc.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Well I found a kiosk in the mall today and he gave me the rundown. Basically the whore on the phone was flat out lying. That bitch almost lost comcast a customer. I should have gotten her name... :nono:

59.99/month for 6MB cable internet AND digital cable w/ on screen menu for one year

OR

~36/month for 6MB cable internet AND basic cable TV for 6 months, then it's 60/month.

BUT... Now i have to decide whether to get Comcast's 6MB + digi tv for 60 OR to get 12MB DSL + satellite through DIRECTV for about the same.

So many options....

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
The girl and I pay about $120/month for comcast triple bundle. I think we're going to switch to AT&T's cable and internet for ~$40/month and get rid of the land line all together.

Btw, does anybody know how fast AT&T high speed is vs. comcast high speed? Same?

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
suprarx7nut;1100196 said:
BUT... Now i have to decide whether to get Comcast's 6MB + digi tv for 60 OR to get 12MB DSL + satellite through DIRECTV for about the same.

So many options....

if directv is bundling DSL with their satellite service, i'd say hit that; but whatever you do, don't get satellite based internet (unless you like 1000ms ping times)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
comcast FTW. i think we have the slower one... which is still REALLY FUCKING FAST. i use T1, and T100 at my dads work, and websites cant even send info that fast... so comcast is about perfect. i download all the time at 2mb/s or higher!