combustion chamber "squish pads"

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Ok guys, me and a friend started porting my head, and i was having a look-see at the combustion chamber and noticed the "squish pads". I sarted researching and this is a pretty good site that i came up with "Mal Link removed IJ" He has pictures of Bryan's(Slow66) head, so he must be a forum member. my question is, how much of these "squish pads" should i take off? and should i smooth the combustion surface out? Ill be driving this motor on the street, so would it take too much CR out? I know he has a good bit of info on there but i want you alls opinions also.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
DMAN IT! i just clicked it...im fucked now, it didnt do that when i used my laptop to look at it.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I don't get it.....does the site give you a virus??? I looked at it with my iPhone so I'm save but I was planning on reading it at home on the laptop.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
mkIIIman089;1235233 said:
^AV just lets you know you're fucked... not that you've avoided it.

oh really? thats why it detected, and moved to vault so my computer cant download/access it.

but im curious about the squish pads though myself... i took a long look at my head before i put it back on, and i wondering how you could shape them for better flow.

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
Don't bother if you are running pump gas on this motor, just smooth out any sharp edges a bit and polish the chamber.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I smoothed mine, and have both the head and piston crowns coated with thermal barrier ceramic coating.

Keeps the heat in the chamber where it does you good, and out of the head and piston where it can cause problems. Also limits, or prevents hot spots as the coating spreads out heat better than bare metal can.

Good luck avoiding the virus.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Adjuster;1237591 said:
I smoothed mine, and have both the head and piston crowns coated with thermal barrier ceramic coating.

Keeps the heat in the chamber where it does you good, and out of the head and piston where it can cause problems. Also limits, or prevents hot spots as the coating spreads out heat better than bare metal can.

Good luck avoiding the virus.

Thanks, hasent got to me yet :)

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
quake;1236057 said:
Don't bother if you are running pump gas on this motor, just smooth out any sharp edges a bit and polish the chamber.

Thats one of the things I did with my c. chamber, plus ill probly getting the chamber, valve face and piston crowns ceramic coated for proper heat distribution.