Combining different spring

Reg

Jul 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
I currently have a set of eibach all around. I want to lower the rear to match the front and my buddy has only a rear set of H&R springs. Would throwing the H&R's on the rear with keeping the eibachs on the front make any weird changes. I dont think it'll be a problem but you never know.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
If the spring rates are different, there is definitely that. I run different dampening levels front and rear (rear softer for traction), and that seems to be a good combo for the most part. However, most spring sets are manufactured with a certain balance in mind. What is the difference in spring rates? What about overall height difference?

Personally, I love how the Eibachs leave the rear just a bit higher than the front, always nice to have a bit of flexibility in the rear so that you don't bottom out anything when laying down the power. Plus, that stance... ;)

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
I wouldn't mix the progressive eibach with the H&R springs. I haven't personally ran the combination so I dont know how it would ride but I can see the progressive fronts making it act weird.