Cold start rpms are a bit weird...

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Yeah today i started it up like my every 3 day routine after storage and today it was actign a bit weird. it was cooooold today and the car started normal. rpms went to 1500 like they should and then it slowly wnet ot 1700. i ws like no big deal. then it rose to 2000. and i was worried then. but after it started to warm up more and at full warm up, it slowly went down to 700. does this soudn normal or should icheck somethign out. oh also i need a new thermostat, anyoen got the part number for it?

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
for mine, cold start up...its fires up fine and then sits at 1500-1600 for about 30 seconds...high enough that u can hear the turbo spool lol(pretty sad at idle)...then a few seconds later, its down to 1300...then by time its to driving temp, its at about 1000-1100. i'd say its nothing out of ordinary...just...really cold..and...supras arent suppose to be winter cars:(

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
well im not driving mine i just worried cause yeah i heard the turbo spool. and since it was really cold and i had no idea what was going on i started seeing heat fro mthe turbo area. I calmed down and realiosed its making heat too lol.