Cold start idle with Mapecu

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
This one is for the Mapecu guys probably but here we go

After my build up I installed a Mapecu 2 on my car. On cold start ups the car will idle very low and kind of erratic until it warms up. Vacuum is low also at around 8-10 but this may be due to installed cams I have (BC 264) I also have the IAC vented to the atmosphere which may be my problem?

As I said though once it warms up it idles on its own very nicely but this cold start shit is driving me insane! If anyone has a map file I wouldn't mind trying it to see if its that?

Thanks

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Cold start injector interfering? Are you running a wideband? AFR? Are you still running the afm or are you running map/temp (speed density)? If your on speed density the iac being vented will not matter, if you are still running an afm then your maf readings will be off due to the unmetered air.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Yeah I don't have the MAF installed anymore, I have it set that way on my ecu now. How can I test the cold start injector? That may be the issue, as it's only when it first starts up until warm and at operating temps. My AR's are pretty good, 14.0-15.0 and once it warms up it levels out at 14.8 and the car idles very well.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
My service light hasnt come on but you know I should give that a whirl because I know it lights up when I open the key but once I start theres no sign of it