Cold roughness

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
Guys, I have begin the process of going over everything, whenever the car is cold, crank once, no fire, crank again, fires up, idles smoothly but if you try to accel it cuts out/misses, after it runs for about 2-3 mins it is driveable, this morning was the worst, not until the temp gage moved it was barely driveable, misfiring, popping etc, cleared up once the temp got stable. I have not checked anything yet but the starting point would be the intake pipes.
William

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
The cold start system is just that, a 'starting system'. Once the engine is running, it is off.

The ECU temp sensor is used by the ECU to help control fuel injection. If this sensor is inop, or out of range, the ECU may think your engine is already warm, and cut down the amount of fuel delivered when its actually cold.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
you getting alot of bluish white smoke out of the exhaust while its doing this? if so, its probably your valve seals.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
are you getting a code 22? i would check out the ecu coolant temp sensor. i had the same problem and i got a new one from NAPA for under 30.00

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
No codes, no smoke, I am leaning towards the temp sensor, I think I have one spare I will try so I can test it in the car tomorrow morning, however i am looking at the rest of the sub systems, intake etc.
Thanks for the feedback and ideas guys.
Jet