Cold Air Intake Kit

K Spec

May 14, 2006
San Diego
supramacist said:
I might be wrong so,, There is a hose coming from the air intake that goes down and hooks to the power steering pump, Now i'm all about 1 3inch pipe running the gammet. But if there are only a few things that I have learned. ! would be toyota does shit for a reason no matter how large or small. 2. everything comes off alot more easily than it goes on.
Yeah, they're damn good engineers. The stock 7M-GE, is a well engineered engine, the problem is the MA70. Sure you can bash into things and keep going ( i clipped a curb at 70mph and didn't break anything) but it's just to damn heavy. The weight of the body, is the real reason I'm trying to do all I can to gain power, short of forced induction.

87supraholic

Sep 17, 2006
houston,tx
hey man if u find a good one let me know plzz cuz im lookin for the same thing...i have a buddy that says they dont make a kit for the 7m ge but idk if thats true...if u find one could u let me know plz...aight thanx

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
if you want a different filter on there, most all auto parts stores sell one that bolts up to where the stock airbox was on the afm. its just a flange with a 2.5 or 3 inch opening. i forget, havent looked at mine in over 6 months. picked it up at autozone on clearance for about a buck. after that, just find a filter that fits!

and if you're going for the shiny factor, just buy some silver spray paint and take care of the accordian pipe and resonator

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
This thread is getting way off topic. It was about cold air intakes, it is now moved to AFM removal.

On the original subject, we sell cold air kits for the stock AFM. Moving the intake outside lets the AFM sense cooler and NOT pull timing as much. The difference is noticeable. A full kit is about $200.

With regards to AFM removal. I have before replaced my AFM with both a 3.5" GM MAF and later a Supra TT MAF. The first thing noticeable is the instant throttle response and amazing sound. Other then that, no power was felt. Tuning issues and the expense of the conversion was not worth it in the end. Our finding is that the restriction is in the cams/ecu, not in the AFM.

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
I just did what Bishop did on his NA mod page. I got a hold of 3" Mack truck exhaust pipe and used that. I also made my own ducting from behind the front grill to the K&N. If you don't mind spending a few extra bucks you could have an exhaust shop custom make it to your specs. They could probably run as much pipe and run it to where ever you want for relativly cheap.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
K&N kit for turbo cars works great, if ya have an NA I guess your just screwed, you could always have piping made and make your own kit. Thats what I did for my hardpipe for my intercooler when I found kits were 500 and more in price I just made a kit for 200 even.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
K&N makes a fipk kit for the N/A. HKS used to make an air filter adapter too. I have one or two of the HKS ones left and the fipk is also in stock
Jack
SupraSport

Wills7MGTE said:
K&N kit for turbo cars works great, if ya have an NA I guess your just screwed, you could always have piping made and make your own kit. Thats what I did for my hardpipe for my intercooler when I found kits were 500 and more in price I just made a kit for 200 even.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
not to kill anyones ideas, but dont some people say that the k&n filter actually makes their car perform worse? a few threads ago i came across one like this. i hardly believe it because of the large k&n success, but still...anyone know what was up?

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Clip said:
not to kill anyones ideas, but dont some people say that the k&n filter actually makes their car perform worse? a few threads ago i came across one like this. i hardly believe it because of the large k&n success, but still...anyone know what was up?

Wait, i thought NA's couldn't get any slower?

;)