coilover install write-up?

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
well jus got my coilovers today!
there 15way megans
ive got an idea on how to put them on.
just wanted to see if someone has a write up on one.
just incase i run into a issue or not.
any help will be awesome

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Easy.

FRONT

Loosen the three nuts on the shock tower.

Loosen the few ten bolts holding the brake line to the strut.

Loosen the LONG upper control arm bolt, move control arm out of the way.

Loosen the bolt holding the strut to the control arm.

Remove old strut and install coilovers in reverse order in the steps above.

REAR:

Loosen the three nuts on the shock tower.

You might have to drop the sway bar to get your old strut out, loosen the two bolts on each side and if needed, the stabilizer links.

Loosen bolt on the bottom of the strut, remove strut and install coilovers in reverse order.

Use the TSRM to help you, it will aid in removal and installation is the reverse.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So far, I've only installed my rears, but it was super easy!
p1812739_1.jpg

Of course...having no rear subframe in the car provides a not-so-surprising increase in working space...

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
ive got them on finally. took me 3 hours!! got stuck on the very last one.....go figure huh. but rears were the easiest. going to put wheels on tommorow. cant wait to see how it looks, then test drive and adjust! :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
In addition to Toyota's write up, Megan should have a nice writeup on their site, last I checked... I did a writeup on adjusting height and pre-load on the Track Series Megans a few years back, but I think the original thread was lost at some point. Let me know if you still need it, I should have it at home.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
the last pic was the car b4 i put coils on it. the pic b4 shows how it sits currently. sorry but not going to redo the coils as i paid to get my alignment done yesterday. 90$ for that. bc each time u mess with your coils, u have to get one done,otherwise itll be off wack.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
mcammarn;1813997 said:
the last pic was the car b4 i put coils on it. the pic b4 shows how it sits currently. sorry but not going to redo the coils as i paid to get my alignment done yesterday. 90$ for that. bc each time u mess with your coils, u have to get one done,otherwise itll be off wack.

At Tire Discounters it's $80 for one alignment or $100 for unlimited alignments for 1 year. If you have one near you, do that. It's good for people with coilovers.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
mcammarn;1814081 said:
i dont think theres a tire discounter here near me. but i did look into firestone, they have a lifetime for 180$ on base.

Lifetime for $180? That's like too good to be true.

I do have a question for you, are there any emission tests in Washington? I have an EGR delete and an exhaust with no cats or muffler or anything, and I'm wondering if I'd get raped or not.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
well in my county, we dont require emissions. but other counties around us, do. and i guess for u, im guessing u wont pass emissions then. therefore, they wont let u renew your tabs when it comes up because you have to do the testing.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
im lovin it! its def. way better then stock of course.hehe. ive got them set at 8 on the damp. and it feels perfect for how i drive.