Coil pack cracks

jnianekeo

Oct 27, 2005
Mill Creek, WA
You can have my motor :naughty: but it'll cost you! hah jus messin. At least it looks sexy tho... you should find the red/carbon fiber cover thing and I'll trade you the one on your car for my oil relocation kit! lolz. sorry to sway from from the original thread.

Good luck with it! Boost cut FTL.

jnianekeo

Oct 27, 2005
Mill Creek, WA
jnianekeo;996910 said:
You can have my motor :naughty: but it'll cost you! hah jus messin. At least it looks sexy tho... you should find the red/carbon fiber cover thing and I'll trade you the one on your car for my oil relocation kit! lolz. sorry to sway from from the original thread.

Good luck with it! Boost cut FTL.

I just remembered you telling me about your stock bypass valve leaking, couldn't this cause a boost leak? causing you to run lower boost than what it should be at? or causing some kind of fluxation to a point where you said theres a rough spot could be where it starts to break its leak??? im not sure.. but hopefully once you get it sealed, you'll run better.

ps. do you or have you played/coached soccer? look like one of my past coaches. :icon_surp

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
jnianekeo;996926 said:
I just remembered you telling me about your stock bypass valve leaking, couldn't this cause a boost leak? causing you to run lower boost than what it should be at? or causing some kind of fluxation to a point where you said theres a rough spot could be where it starts to break its leak??? im not sure.. but hopefully once you get it sealed, you'll run better.

ps. do you or have you played/coached soccer? look like one of my past coaches. :icon_surp

Josh, and others. It appears that my problem might be the map sensor, and the stock bypass leaking too. The car really behaves differently with a large change in the barometric pressure, i;e a low pressure front. This is more of a change, than your normal loss of a little power, due to warmer temps. I'm going to keep checking various componants, and tinkering with it, untill the crows come home to roost! The jb weld repair on the coil packs, did not make a noticeable difference, but it is holding up well to all the heat. Also, it does run better, when I allow it a good long warm-up.

I played soccer, probably before your parents ever had sex! (circa 1968-70) LOL!:biglaugh: But, I never coached.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
I am having a similar problem with my "new" 7m as this is the first time the Knock Sensors have been wired correctly . So I would assume that it is being caused by some thing common between the 7M and the 1J with mine it happens the longer that I drive it . willlet you know l