code 51

supramk3

sleeper
Apr 6, 2009
queensbury
hey guys i just made a ffim and removed the a/c and lowered my altinator and i check the codes and the engine warm not running thros a real time code 51 is this because i removed the a/c or its not a big deal. i have had some problems when building boost and slower down it dies and sometimes after hard driving it dosent want to stay running unless i keep my foot on the gas...

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
supramk3;1493766 said:
hey guys i just made a ffim and removed the a/c and lowered my altinator and i check the codes and the engine warm not running thros a real time code 51 is this because i removed the a/c or its not a big deal. i have had some problems when building boost and slower down it dies and sometimes after hard driving it dosent want to stay running unless i keep my foot on the gas...
When I did my FFIM I never had a problem after removing all A/C components.

Code 51 can also be a TPS problem, what TPS are you using on the FFIM and is it calibrated correctly?

supramk3

sleeper
Apr 6, 2009
queensbury
im not sure if the tps is calibrated if you give me some tips ill try i out also i dont know if i had the ac on ill ground the switch to see if its on or not but more help may be needed

supramk3

sleeper
Apr 6, 2009
queensbury
stock tps and now it dosent want to start at all it runs for a second then dies really getting pist but ill buy a new tps and go from there and thro some gas in her and get some specs

supramk3

sleeper
Apr 6, 2009
queensbury
Got it running this morning but throttle reponse very off idk if the calibration is off but shes starts and runs so now i can go further with my build any other help will be great thanks guys