code 51. stalls when pressing on gas pedal.

stew_7mgte

Jun 12, 2011
Fontana, CA
Car has hks fcon and vpc plus more but those should be the two to worry about. I have checked and verified all the vacuum lines are correctly routed and i have no leaks. I am in the process of fixing a code 51 but am wondering will that cause the car to idle rough and almost stall when first pressing on the gas pedal? Thats my only code aswell. I know the vpc is working because if i adjust the idle knob too rich or lean the car will stall. Also timing is dead on.

stew_7mgte

Jun 12, 2011
Fontana, CA
Ok i tested my map sensors and they are receiving and sending signal but no change when i unplug them with the car running? Weird. Maybe its a fuel pressure issue? But when i drove it around the block today it seemed perfectly fine, until idle or sudden opening of the throttle... anybody?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
51 indicates the throttle is open to the PCM. Well, the fault is letting you know the throttle is open. But there is a signal for that from the IDL contacts. You said if you adjust rich or lean it stalls. So what makes you think nothing is wrong with the settings?

stew_7mgte

Jun 12, 2011
Fontana, CA
There could be something wrong with the settings, but i have all the knobs at 12 o clock position. What my question was could a code 51 or misadjusted tps sensors cause my problem or not.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX

Switch Signal

Diagnosis •No "IDL" signal, "NSW" signal or "A/C" signal to ECU, during diagnosis check.
Trouble Area •A/C switch circuit
•A/C switch
•A/C amplifier
•Throttle position sensor circuit
•Throttle position sensor
•ECU

stew_7mgte

Jun 12, 2011
Fontana, CA
Yea trying to fix it but for some reason my tps is not cooperating with me. I was able to get my hands on a brand new afm for really cheap so im going to put it back in and see if my stalling goes away. But i have a bigger turbo with stock injectors, wont i just hit fuel cut quicker that way?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It's possible the TPS is bad, the wiring is FUBAR, or it's adjusted wrong.

AFM won't solve your issue (the HKS suite are simply piggybacks and calculates a signal to send to the ECU that mimics the AFM signal)

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
think everyone's got it covered but TPS sounds like the culprit... if you can't get it to co-operate (need to adjust with volt-meter (see TSRM)) just try another one...