Code 25 and 26 questions.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Well ever since I bought my car it has been giving me code 25 and 26. It had an Auto transmission back then, and from what i've read on the TSRM only the California model ECU's can give out code 25 and 26. Well after I did my 5 speed swap I took out the auto ECU and installed another ECU which is for a 5 speed. Well after installing this ECU I only get code 25 now.

Also when I bought the car it came with a 3" downpipe with the stock elbow. From what codes i have gotten Auto ECU I believe it is a California model, but im not sure. How would I know if my supra is a Cali model? Also since the downpipe was replaced with an aftermarket Dp by the previous owner, would an unhooked Post Cat O2 sensor throw a code?

Keep in mind that this code I have gotten for about 4 years now, but the car has ran good with no problems that affect driveability. BTW my Dash pot is not working, I had no idea it wasn't working, who know how long its been like this. I have not had a chance to replace it.

What I have replaced since I bought the car:

New Denso O2 sensor.
Spark Plugs
255 Walbro Fuel pump
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure regulator
Cleaned the Fuel Injectors on the car
Replaced Coolant Temp sensor
Replaced Air Flow Meter.

Thanks

Last edited:

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
you can tell if your car is a CA model by looking at the under hood emissions label.

somewhere in the paragraph that starts with "This vehicle conforms to". If the word "California" is anywhere in there, you have a CA car

and yes if you have a missing O2 sensor, it will set a code. no doubt.

i didn't know mkiii supras monitored cat efficiency (i have an 89 and it definitely does not), if anyone knows, when did supra's start monitoring cat efficiency (what year they started having a rear O2S)

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
mkiiichip;1528249 said:
you can tell if your car is a CA model by looking at the under hood emissions label.

somewhere in the paragraph that starts with "This vehicle conforms to". If the word "California" is anywhere in there, you have a CA car

and yes if you have a missing O2 sensor, it will set a code. no doubt.

i didn't know mkiii supras monitored cat efficiency (i have an 89 and it definitely does not), if anyone knows, when did supra's start monitoring cat efficiency (what year they started having a rear O2S)

Would you happend to know exactly what code it would throw?

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
25 and\or 26 since there are no codes avail for cat efficiency (according to alldata)

you cant just delete something without ill efects

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
jetjock;1528281 said:
Turbo MKIIIs (even California ones) don't have sub-O2 sensors...

mkiiichip;1528284 said:
25 and\or 26 since there are no codes avail for cat efficiency (according to alldata)

you cant just delete something without ill efects

I did't the car was sold to me like that.