Code 24 and 32 w/ Maft pro/ Idle fluctuation problem

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
I recently bought another supra and found out that some valve stem seals were leaking. I swapped out the head with another head that I have and now I get a code 24 and 32. Everything was put back how it was except for the head.

The car has a built block, (obviously not that great of a job on the head side of it though)
20g turbo
Maft pro w/speed density
550cc injectors
LC-1 wideband

The idle is fluctuating between 1-2k consistently
the afr's go from extremely lean to about 10:1
vaccum goes from about 15-18

I also noticed that there was a resistor in the plug for the afm, it is a 2.2k ohm resistor that bridges between THA and ground according to the wiring diagrams. I am assuming that this is to tell the ecu that the air is at a certain temp.
Without the codes I would guess that I have a vaccum leak on the intake side, that is what the engine sounds like. I am going to pull the intake side again tomorrow and see if I can find anything out of the ordinary, possibly a leak. Unless anyone has any other sugestions.
Thanks, Craig

Last edited:

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
I guess for future reference to anyone that searches it, this was a vacuum leak after the throttle body. It was about a 1 inch gap missing out of the gasket between the upper and lower intake plenums. The code 24 and 32 have something to do with MAFT-pro.