Code 14, no injector pulse? HELP

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
91 7mgte 57trim /stock injectors /stock fpr /stock computer/ basically a regular fuel cut machine
Just did walbro 12v mod/ lexus C.O.P (took my time)

Why would the car run fine with C.O.P and then out of nowhere give me code 14 and not even start or pulse the injectors???

just swapped back to old coilpacks and the car stats and runs fine.

used the same extended harness for C.O.P

Do the C.O.P need to be grounded or something?

Last edited:

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
ok now i went from the old coils to the new COP one coil at a time

now it freaking runs on all cop! now i really cant trust it driving anywhere.

What would trip the code 14 that has to do with the coils and cause no injector pulse? This is tripping me out! Same wire harness used on both

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
Check the Igniter ground

Code 14 is igniter fault

14 Ignition Signal
Diagnosis
•No "IGF" signal to ECU "A" times in succession.
A = 6-8 (7M-GE)
A= 3 (7M-GTE)

Trouble Area
•Igniter and ignition coil circuit
•Igniter and ignition coil
•ECU

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
i have 12v coming into and out the igniter and i went ahead and add another ground.

right now the car is outside running on cop and im trying to see if heat has something to do with it.

i like when things actually break...this stuff kills me.

this is my dd :/

the car wouldnt start for 2 days and after i switch to the old coils and then back to the new it acts fine.
My buddy told me to carry the old coil pack around with me...and a headgasket...and a first gear thrust washer haha

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
code 14 again after it drove around perfect with boost and i turned it on and off all yesterday.

it seems to only happen after i drive around and boost.

sitting in the driveway running and turning on and off its fine.

wont start and no injector pulse

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
That makes perfect sense to me BUT...

When we spray starter fluid in the idle airway we can keep it "running/turning over" so im getting at least some spark. (ill pull the wires to make sure they arc)

Im going to drive around with the old coils and see if it will do the same thing after some harder driving.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
old coil pack on and no problems. same (new from driftmotion) extended harness.

car starts up fine after hard driving and sitting.

new coils look great...do i test the same way we do the 7m coils? i cant trust them and now i cant sell them with a clear conscious

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Just to finish up the thread. The heat shrink on the extended wire harness started melting inside the loom and making contact. Idk why it ran better with the old coils but I have had no problems in 3days. Took my time with the wiring but now you know what really happened.