CODE 14 HELP needed

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
ok so i been dealing with this problem for some time. 7mgte fresh rebuild cranks but will not fire no spark. only code is 14 no ign signal.
So far replace Igniter, coil pack, plugs wires, checked CPS with in spec and did a continuity check on every wire in the ignition system from ECU to the plugs having to do with this problem looking for a broken wire. still cant find any problems...have done many searchʻs on this problem with no help...any suggestions would be grate...sry for dubble postings was getting no help/respond in other posting.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
maitai69691;2079239 said:
So far replace Igniter, coil pack, plugs wires, checked CPS with in spec and did a continuity check on every wire in the ignition system from ECU to the plugs having to do with this problem looking for a broken wire. still cant find any problems....

What wires are new? Meaning, what have you replaced? 14 means spark is not confirmed. When that happens, injection is halted. To not have spark also means something is not hooked up. Without a pickup signal, you will also have code 12. And no spark.

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
ya thats the next test i need to do. I tested the CPS with a DMM and it is with i spec ...so i just "key on" and spin the CPS gear or does it need too be in the start/crank position??? @ nick M the wires im refering to are the plug wires. could it be as simple as bad eng wiring harness grounds i need to check here also...ill keep you posted on any updates...THANKS

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Sure. Even the 7MGE cranks out a bunch of BTUs, and 1987 or so was a long time ago. The wiring takes a beating over time from heat. And you have salt water in your air to help make it worse.

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
Ok sorry for tacking so long was out of town...but rechecked all ignition connection, pulled the CPS and #1 spark plug spun the CPS and no spark could hear a humm and click click each time i spun the CPS...So i swapped the coils, nothing swapped igniter and CPS from running car no change still no spark and code 14...even though I did a countinuity test on all the wires im leading to a broken wire.

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
after all this time i think i found the problem a brake in the power wire to the coil packs. I re did continuity check wire by wire one system at a time all the way back to ECU. found intermittent continuity on the BLK/ORG trace power wire for the coil packs. As i pulled back heat shrink/elect tape found it had been spliced under the INTK manifold and no longer had a good connection. Since i had to pull the manifold I pulled the whole harness and going through the whole thing,good thing i am cause im finding lot of little cracked wires. time for a harness rebuild. Hope it works ill keep you all posted...

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
Finally it's alive again after a long time. Rebuilt the eng harness main problem was coil pack per wire. Added more grounds, ignitor, coil pack, head 2 body, into to body.