Code 12

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
I know it's the RPM signal code...I can't remember but I don't THINK my FCD tapped into that. The AVCR definately is(all quite some time ago with no problems before), but I wouldn't expect either to affect it anyways.

At 10-12psi(running off the wastegate, avcr off) the car runs great...15+psi when cold, it runs great..Once it warms up though, I have to lower the boost back down...It feels like it's pulling a shitload of timing. In the earlier stages, I tried changing plugs and coilpacks to no avail...At that time I didn't have a code 12. I checked the timing, it's at 10 deg

Just need somebody's input on this who might know the inner workings of the ECU a bit more than myself...I don't know how the car would react with a code 12, but I have a feeling it's related...

Thanks
Mark

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
I have a novel idea...How about looking in the TSRM to determine what part/circuit generates this code?

Hint: It's not likely it's the ECU and Ne is one of the signals the ECU uses to acomplish basic ignition timing advance ;)

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
jdub;966332 said:
I have a novel idea...How about looking in the TSRM to determine what part/circuit generates this code?

Hint: It's not likely it's the ECU and Ne is one of the signals the ECU uses to acomplish basic ignition timing advance ;)

I know the CPS puts out the signal...Maybe one of the wires is bad somewhere, I'll check the continuity on them and see what I come up with. It's still 28F here, alot easier said than done..haha