Clutch's Supra Build!

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
So it has been a while since I have posted on this build because I have been busy with getting things together for a wedding but expect to see pictures of the progress tomorrow.:biglaugh:

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
So as it has been awhile since all this has been updated due to a set back that really bummed me out. Breaking the J-Bolt off on the back of the head then while trying to remove it I broke the easy out off inside it.:: angry :: That head ended up going to the scrap pile. But I got a few small things accomplished. I got the engine bay cleaned up a bit. No wire tucking as I do not have the time for that right now.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

It looks alot better than I actually thought it would. But it is a start to getting something under way on the car itself

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
So I thought that I would throw one of my side help projects in.

A buddy of mine over here was telling me that he had a power steering leak and could not figure out where it was coming from so I found the issue for him and thought I would throw the source of the problem up on here just for a few laughs.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

:3d_frown:

Can you spot the problem?

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
So this was the start to the head being tore down looked over and checked then the valve seals getting replaced and the valves getting ground in:evil2:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

So these were the pictures that I got of the head building process wish I could have made them more detailed such as the grinding part and actually putting in the valves but I am sure that alot of you already know how to do that:naughty:

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
So that was the progress on the head and while doing the build a few of the parts for that turned up that I had ordered :naughty:

I thought that I had ordered the studs but mis understood the add that a friend from one of the supra clubs over here put up. so I ended up getting the wrong ones but hey I wasnt going to wait for the other ones because I want to get this thing together and running for the upcoming move that is going to take process soon enough.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And then the plugs came in as well.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

So that is a few bits to push the engine install back together.

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
But there are more pictures that I need to post up just got to get them off the camera need to show you all what the motor looks like now and how well it is going in!

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
jdm2191;1799920 said:
good work, I think ima get some of those Level Zero Mounts too

I have them in my other Supra and I like them they are a bit more solid and you can feel the motor a little bit in the car so I was happy with them.

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
So I have been busy but I thought that I would get you up to date with all the progress that I am making on the car. My computer that I am on right now is running a bit slow so if things are looking correctly I lwft off showing the motor mounts that I went with. I have done a few things and I just spent about 8,000 on parts and what not some of those part you guys may recognize on here because I have got them from you and then also got some from some suppliers as well.:icon_bigg

The head issue I got that straightened out with just getting another one and redoing everything on that as well. And I got that mounted up on the block. Shame I didnt get no picture from that but I do have a few pics that I got afterwards with a few of the parts on it. Took me about 16 hours to completely redo the other head.:3d_frown: But it was worth the time because I know that I wont have no issues with this one.:icon_bigg

These were the few pictures that I got with the motor still out and the head installed.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Just read the entire build, sounds like quite the journey with this build haha. The motor looks really good! I'm currently following about 20 builds lol, this will be another added to the list. Good stuff sir!