Clutch will not engage

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
Ok heres what happened I was at the track for the first time with my new set up I was doing my first burn out when I was done I pushed the cluch in to stop but it did not work I was stuck in gear I had to stall the car to get it out of gear and get towed to the pits I took the inspection plate off on the fork side of the tranny and I can see the fork move when I push in the clutch but It will not let me put it into gear when the car is running but I can go through all the gears when the car is shut off I drove it back by starting the car in first gear and rev matched back to a buddys house , Now I have a brand new clutch just finished breaking it in its a HPF feramic, Now what let go??? the trannys goes through all the gears the clutch is brand new I can watch it move when the clutch is pushed?? Im thinking its not disengaging for some reason but why ? has anyone else had this problem Im sure I will find out when I start to rip it apart I just wanted other input.
Thanks

Last edited:

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
I thought that we will see tomorrow what happened On better note I got my bros car in the 12s since my car was dead his best time was 13.7 I got it into the 12s with a 12.9@109 mph not to bad just sucks I wanted to hit the 11s

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I bet: the clip on the end of the chutch hub popped off, or the hub is worn down enough that the clip slid off. If this is the case replace the hub AND all the washers and spring washers with new dealer parts, then you are good for another X00,000 miles.

Happened to me.....and it sucked because the tranny had to come out to replace the hub, and the slave popped out and all the fluid ran out. :cry:

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
I took the inspection plate off and the bearing is still attached to the pressure plate All the hardware is still there so it is something else. I actually can watch the pressure plate move when the clutch is engaged.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
My boss had the same thing going on.

And he tried to launch it from 8k's in his firehawk and the clutch welded itself to the flywheel.

Last edited:

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Is the pedal not going down or is it going to the floor and not doing eneything????

Last edited:

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Sounds like what everyone else is saying and what happened to me. My HPF bronze clutch welded its self to my aluminum flywheel. It also happened when I was doing a 2nd gear burnout (just like you).

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
daledoe Is the pedal not going down or is it going to the floor and not doing eneything????

Yes the clutch pedal feels normal I will be pulling the tranny today to see whats happening Im betting the clutch is welded to the flywheel. Thanks guys I will keep ya posted on the damage.

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
Ok heres some pics from today yep she welded to the flywheel I was told this would only happen if I had upwards of 700hp which I dont have

Attachments

• HPIM2389a.jpg
    HPIM2389a.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 19
  • HPIM2388a.jpg
    HPIM2388a.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 17