Clutch Vibration...?

ojonesjr

Boost Hungry!!!!!
Aug 30, 2005
PA
Here's the situation...

Bought new engine, OEM clutch, 550's, AFM, SAFC II, Greddy Boost and upgraded turbo...Those are the specs...My issue: When pushing in the clutch, I get vibration...It is not major but definitely noticable...Doesn't seem to affect performance but wondering what it could be...Any thoughts?:1zhelp:

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Throw out bearing? Does it vibrate the entire time the pedal is pushed, like if you are sitting at a light or something?

ojonesjr

Boost Hungry!!!!!
Aug 30, 2005
PA
No, it does not vibrate the entire time. Only as I am pushing down on the clutch...While the clutch is down it is good...What's the cost of throw out bearing...?

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
ding ding. probably the throw out bearing. if the clutch is new, more than likely the bearing is new also. give it time, the noise will go away. mine did the same thing. i installed an exedy a few years back and had the same noise. after a while, it went away and all is well.

StefanLarsson

Viking
Jun 26, 2006
Sweden
Warped flywheel is my first thought, it's not that uncommon...
Mine was warped and I had vibrations as the cluch engaged, while driving it was fine.
I had it milled at a workshop at the cost of $50 and it's been smooth ever since...

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
ojonesjr said:
1990 TOYOTA SUPRA 3.0L 2954cc L6 MFI Turbo (M) [7MGTE] : Clutch : Clutch Release Bearing? Corrrect? gonna order it just want to make sure I have the right part.
Yeap part #614085. thats it. Its a great parts store too for off the wall shit for the supra. :biglaugh: