Clutch Switches

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I am swapping back from a TH400 to a V160, I was looking at the two clutch switches last night and realized that there two of them on the clutch pedal assembly. I'm assuming the two wire was used for a clutch safety switch when starting the car, but wondered what the 3 wire switch was for? Possibly cruise control?

I have a full painless harness and custom engine harness, so the factory wiring isnt there anymore. I was hoping I could actually use both switches. One as a clutch safety switch, and the other as a simple clutch switch going to the AEM for anti lag and flat shifting. Does anyone know if these switches are normally open, or normally closed when at rest?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Better to just not use a clutch start switch and start the car in neutral without pushing the clutch. Better for the thrust bushings in the engine.

But one is for clutch start and the other is for cruise control.

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Unfortunately at our track, they will test it to make sure its working, so not having one isnt really an option. I could put it on a toggle switch, but id rather not.

With a twin disk pull style clutch, I don't see how it would be hard on a thrust bearing starting it with the clutch pedal depressed?