Clutch Stiffness

peteremer

Nov 16, 2007
virginia
Hey everybody, I was curious about my new clutch. I just finished my engine rebuild and took my car out of a spin and the clutch wasnt half as stiff as I thought i was going to be. By no means is it weak when pushing it down but it just feels like a stock or maybe a little stiffer clutch. I have driven a clutch with the same tourqe capaticy as my new one and it was ridiculously stiff. I bled the slave cylindar twice and I know there is no air left it the thing. This may be normal but I thought I would throw it out there to see if any of you all had different experiences?
Here are my disc and pressure plate specs.

ACT Clutch Kit #TS2-HDG6
Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
Clamps load increase of 20% to 50%,

Spring Centered (6 Pad) Disc
Recommended for Road Racing and high power Street, Increased torque capacity and spline life, Very good durability and good spline life, Quiet operation, reduced driveline shock

Tourqe Capacity 522lbs - Clamp Load increase 35%

Thank ya'll

- Pete

Last edited:

nosman4

Nov 10, 2007
Bend, Oregon
The way that I see it is that every car is different and the Slave vs. Master cylinder size varies between different car models. I just bought an ACT TS2-XTG6 for my 7MGTE/R154 setup, I havn't tried it yet, because I am still building the motor, but I'm sure the variances between cars and clutch designs is what causes your difference in feel.

peteremer;894805 said:
Hey everybody, I was curious about my new clutch. I just finished my engine rebuild and took my car out of a spin and the clutch wasnt half as stiff as I thought i was going to be. By no means is it weak when pushing it down but it just feels like a stock or maybe a little stiffer clutch. I have driven a clutch with the same tourqe capaticy as my new one and it was ridiculously stiff. I bled the slave cylindar twice and I know there is no air left it the thing. This may be normal but I thought I would throw it out there to see if any of you all had different experiences?
Here are my disc and pressure plate specs.

ACT Clutch Kit #TS2-HDG6
Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
Clamps load increase of 20% to 50%,

Spring Centered (6 Pad) Disc
Recommended for Road Racing and high power Street, Increased torque capacity and spline life, Very good durability and good spline life, Quiet operation, reduced driveline shock

Tourqe Capacity 522lbs - Clamp Load increase 35%

Thank ya'll

- Pete

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
PETER!!! Your car is finished!?! Dude! Come pick me up sometime! Have you sold the Bimmer yet?

Just to make sure, you did break the clutch in right?

jtran8

Supramania Contributor
Mar 29, 2007
wichita kansas
well , heavy duty pressure plate is 2100 . that's why is feel soft , if you want more stiffness ; get 2600 extreme pressure plate .:icon_bigg

peteremer

Nov 16, 2007
virginia
Thats helpful...thanks guys...and yeah pierce it's almost done, just ironing out a few kinks...I'll be driving it by the end of next week.

Pete