Clutch Slipping

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
Recently i changed my clutch been breaking it in now im at about 1000 miles on it. today when i got on the highway today i wanted to see what it could do but when i got into fourth gear at about 4-5k rpm the clutch started slipping. do i need to take it easy still until it fully grips because just while normal driving it grips fine. i know the master and slave cylinder are good because those are brand new.

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
i know theres no air in the system,my pedal height is like .5 higher then what the tsrm says, i did do the clutch myself and i know nothing went in backwards like the clutch disc as some people do on accident.

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
went with the advanced auto brand its perfection clutch. only reason why i did that is because summer 2006 want to do a turbo swap so i didnt want to spend a lot on it so i can put more money into the turbo swap.

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
ah, well I dont really have any personal experience or any experiences that my friends have had with advance's clutches. I plan on doing the swap in the future as well and went with a clutch by south bend (will install this or next weekend) but after 1000 miles it shouldnt still be slipping. You didnt get any fluids on it when you put it in did you?

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
nope my hands were grease free cause i washed my hands before i installed the clutch assmbly and i also cleaned the bellhousing with a few cans of carb and brake cleaner. i also changed the rear main so i know for a fact its not that.ill give it some more time its just killing me not being able to open it up on the road.

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
double check the freeplay on the pedal. Mine was doing that last week and I adjusted the master cylinder pushrod where it attaches to the pedal to make sure there was NO pressure plate feet at the top of the pedal stroke. you want to be able to push the pedal like half an inch before you get any resistance, that's how I solved my problem.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
hehe funny story: I put a Spec ST.2 in my car and i put the TO bearing in backwards. That lasted for like 5k miles before it started to slip. But yea check your freeplay.

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
I had the same thing happen, oil pan gasket leak under the RMS. I had noticable oil coming out of the hole where the tranny and block meet. just something to check.

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
billspreston01 said:
double check the freeplay on the pedal. Mine was doing that last week and I adjusted the master cylinder pushrod where it attaches to the pedal to make sure there was NO pressure plate feet at the top of the pedal stroke. you want to be able to push the pedal like half an inch before you get any resistance, that's how I solved my problem.

i will be trying this today cause its like a .5 off the tsrm specs and the clutch starts to engage basically as soon as i press the pedal in.